ClioSport.net

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

  • When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

WHICH ALLOYS FOR MY 182 ?

I'm looking at getting some new alloys for my 182, I have a budget of £600.

I was wondering if anyone knows the best place to get them from, Also what size wheels do I need?
I currrently have pilot exalto 205/45/16 tyres on my original alloys so I am assuming this is the size of wheel I require.
Really I am looking for a wheel & tyre package the same size as I have now, is this possible for £600?
 
Speedline Turinis from a 182 Trophy. White refurb optional. ;)

Running 205/45 Michelin Pilot Exalto 2

DSC_0008-1.webp
 
^^^ 205 tyres will fit on the turinis . You need an offset of ET45 . Tbh mate i wouldn't get the toyos though . They are crap in the wet imo .
 
Thanks for the advice, think i will stick with the michelins I have then.

Sorry to sound like a complete dimwit but can you explain what 'an offset of ET45' is, I haven't a clue; which is quite evident really..
 
the offset is basically how far the wheel sits "proud" of the wheelarch.

ie. a wheel with a low offset will have the wheel and tyre sitting out from the arch. a wheel with a low offset will sit right within the arch.

Clios run between ET38 and ET45 iirc.

If you are planning on lowering your 182, you will need a higher offset wheel. i have the Turinis from a Clio Trophy on my car (shown above) as the standard 172 Cup Turinis have a lower offset and would foul the arch, due to my car being so low.
 
The offset is where the wheel sits inside the arch . The lower the number the further out the wheel sits on the hub . On the 182 it has a slightly wider track than say the 172 cup , so the wheel has to sit further inside the wheel arch so it doesn't rub on the outside of the arch .
 
and yes, avoid TOYO's like the plague! awful tyres!

stick with either PE2's, GSD3 F1's or Paradas. Paradas are all done by 8k though in my experience! lol
 
as above, although i would go for the 15's over the 16's.due to cheaper tyres, and improved gearing.
 
thats a good point. in fact, thats exactly what i did!:) .

isn't there a set for sale at the moment too?
 
Ahh, I see, just looked at the k-Tec wheels & it does mention that they come with the offsets required it quotes: "These Speedlines are available with offsets ideal to fit to standard ride height and lowered Renault 172/182"

and for 4 wheels without tyres it comes to £618 so if I use my original tyres I can afford them. Thanks for your help guys/gals.
 
i can do the trophy wheels with centre caps for £650 (correct offset for 182)

the normal speedlines don't have a renault centre cap (nor can be fitted with one) and the offset is incorrect
 
Back
Top