ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Which blackberry?

Vantage
im looking to get a blackberry on payg...
which one would you recommend?

camera with flash
wifi
non-sliding or touch-screen
around £150-200 (dont mind used)

Jason_E

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, 530d
None.

They are okay actually, but expect problems. My Bold 9700 can be a right pain in the arse! Go for a curve at that price.

172 Race Car
love my 9700. Battery life pisses over anything else ive had for the last 6 years.

Might struggle to get one for that money

RB 197
I've bought both my PAYG BB's for 150quid, though i paid more for the 'girl' colours. I've got 8520 Curve and couldnt be without it tbh. Touch screen phones do not work with my nails and i like to be able to text quick.

realnumber 1

ClioSport Club Member
None, theyre all s**te. Get a proper phone like a Desire or an iPhone

+1
I have a Desire and its a million times better than BB. Work have forced a s**tberry curve 8900 on me and its the biggest piece of s**t going. keyboard is impossible to type quickly and I don't have massive fingers. Internet is woeful as is the screen quality and the rest of it. The one and only redeeming thing it has is a long battery life but thats only because it only does GPRS lol

Oh and you can through it around on the floor and it still works which i suspect I couldn't do with my desire!

Giulietta 940
I had a Blackberry Storm 9500. It was okay for the first few months, but to be fair it gets on your nerves after a while. The SurePress screen was shoddy, it would constantly crash, and the £5 p/m BIS was overpriced.

I bought an HTC Desire after, and to be fair, after 4 months it's still amazing.

Giulietta 940
Yea storms are shite

I was so excited when I first got it... then I realised it was lacking a proper touch screen and WiFi. Not to mention when actually using it as a phone, the call quality was appalling.

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
I'd personally get an iphone, or if your budget doesn't stretch something android based.

Latest bolds/curve's are really low quality now. My old bold 9000 was really well made, weight was spot on and it felt like a quality product. Cousin picked up her new bold the other day and its light and flimsy, not impressed.

I'd personally get an iphone, or if your budget doesn't stretch something android based.

Latest bolds/curve's are really low quality now. My old bold 9000 was really well made, weight was spot on and it felt like a quality product. Cousin picked up her new bold the other day and its light and flimsy, not impressed.

THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!. My 8900 lasted 18 months, bashed to f'k and never mised a beat. im 9 months into my contract and I was on my 4th 9700 last week. Orange refused to give me a replacement as I've had that many so they gave me a 9780 for free. Sold it on ebay for £315 and bought a HTC Desire Z.

Berrys were good till every cnut had them. Theyre mass produced and total shite now.

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
Curve 3G is the best BB. End.

(even if they feel cheap they are quite robust)

Rb182cup+s2 rallye
i love my torch its spot on for me i dont need apps or a fancy screen and i cant type for s**t on touch screen so its nice to have a normal keyboard. id have a iphone 4 but didnt want to pay the prices plus it felt to nice for a phone if that makes sense its like something that should be left at home because its to nice to take to work lol where as my bb i dont mind dropping.