ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Which brake pads should I get?

TimR26

South Central- West Berks
ClioSport Area Rep
Hi, would like to know peoples opinions on what to replace my brake pads with. Want pads for day-to-day use as I don't do track days. Should I just go with the stock pads or try something different?

clio 182 FF
Stock is fine for daily use dont buy Carbone Lorraines what ever you do you will hate them trust me I have them
amazing stopping power but makes too much noise .

Clio 172 mk2 & Clio 3 DCi
i am thinking about the same, need to change my discs and pads. may upgrade a little bit.

most of my driving is day to day though.

Cup'd Monaco 172
I drive day-to-day on yellows with no problem. They have the added advantage of no dust and last ages.

You do have to cook them once to bed them in though, once done its fine.

I found the standard pads faded to easily.

Cup'd Monaco 172
In the days of old, everyday pads had to be standard, because the high performance pads didn't work from cold. Not most good qaulity performance pads works from cold, last longer and take the occasional spirited drive without fade, so you might as well run then.

XE'd Corsa
greenstuff ebc are good pads but make shite discs, ferrado also good for pads, tar ox discs 40 groove discs are good too.

it might be recommendable to change the discs too , dependant on how they are .

there a quite a few recommendable pads on the market atm

Clio 172 Cup
Stock is fine for daily use dont buy Carbone Lorraines what ever you do you will hate them trust me I have them
amazing stopping power but makes too much noise .

Agreed, you'll have a right headache driving around town. But excellent for track use.