ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

which brake pads

just checking which brake pads people recommend. Need some new rear pads for my 172 just checking if anyone had opted on anything other than the factory fit ones?

also what kinda price should i be paying. Im just after the parts will fit them myself?

thanks

I may have to kill you if you dont do a search for brake pads. There must be at least a bzillion threads with exactly the same question.

This topic should also be in the exterior and mechanical section.

-Rob

[Edited by RobFenn on 08 November 2004 at 2:56pm]

I have just replaced them for EBC standard pads, check web site please!!

They cost me delivered £22.00 for front 4 pads, these in my opinion are better than the std. Renault ones.

Also took me 30mins to fit, Renault wanted £110.00 to do this

who are bbpt? also im not unhappy with the breaking but as i have to change them anyways i thought it best to see if there were any better options on the market. Sorry for the wrong section and not checking etc. Please could a mod move this

Nik

ClioSport Admin
  Clio Trophy #355

Agreed, replaced my fronts with EBC Standard (Blackstuff?) ones from Motorsportworld. They are the same as the K-tec Kevlar pads I believe.

Yet to test them properly, but they seem better than the originals which I thought were pretty good anyway. One advantage is there is much less brake dust. My rears wheels get dusty faster than the fronts now.

The Blackstuff pads are cheap and definetly do produce a lot less brake dust. If you just want a OEM replacment, you cant go wrong with them.

-Rob

172, Tiguan

I am currently using pads I cant even prenounce the name of.

They were £17. They feel absolutly amazing, if they last 5k I really dont care - I reckon i can change the pads in less than an hour and they are 3 x cheaper than Renault pads.

Yoz,

With your weklth of experience. Can you tell us the PN for these pads then?

In E&M there is a post on Brake pads for a 182. A guy in Sweden is using these but the website he posted does not list Renault.

Just ordered some performance friction pads for my 182 from Demon Tweeks.

They are the 01 compound, pad shape 0590, and are definatly for track use only.

£83.68 + vat

Cant wait for my next trip to Oulton park to try them out:devilish:

I have some K-tec Kevlar pads, the ba*tards still squeal when cold or wet (well I suppose it’s better than squealing all the time like they did when new) they are good but not better than standard pads.

Next time Ill go back to standard Renault pads, they do the job perfectly.

Audi TT Quattro

Quote: Originally posted by Viv172 on 09 November 2004

I have some K-tec Kevlar pads, the ba*tards still squeal when cold or wet (well I suppose it’s better than squealing all the time like they did when new) they are good but not better than standard pads.

Next time Ill go back to standard Renault pads, they do the job perfectly.

Ive got K-tec kevlar pads in mine... with black diamond grooved brake discs... Not really impressed with the pads. OK once ya warm them up though.... Not much dust from them either......... (as you can see from the pic below... thats 200 miles of dirt driving backwards and forwards to work for a week....)

http://memimage.cardomain.net/member_images/6/web/486000-486999/486212_34_full.jpg