ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

which broadband ??

I have madasafish at the min & have had since may, tbh the service is complete sh*te & i'm fed up with speaking to 'dennis' or 'marc' who can't even speak proper english :mad: (they are in india)
It kept disconnecting & they keep on about microfilters - which i since found out i didn't need up stairs, as we only have 1 bt socket (i have a filter on it & one on the pc, so thats that sorted out)

I was attaching a big file yesterday & it wouldn't work, so they blamed everything rather than themselves, he even said that even if it didn't have the paperclip attchment, the file would still be there
toz.gif

the only reason i got the broadband with them was becuase i have have had my e mail addy with them for about 8 years !

I have a 1mb connection so i'm looking for the same again (the local exchange only supports 1 mb, they were offering 2mb) for about £20 per month
who is there??

transit connect
i got wanadoo had it for a year andnever had a problem with them.getting upgraded to 8 meg in february as well :)

Monaro VXR
im on bulldog 8mbit at the moment and i cant fault the service my speeds tested are around 7.6mbit which is pretty damn good but my upload is faster than what it should be currently nearly 600k a second.

But if you want cheap and fast how about

www.bethere.co.uk

£24 connection fee including modem / router / wireless router all part of the same thing.

£24 a month there after

And the service is 24mbit down and 1.3mbit upspeed.

Im gonna be trying it out in a couple months.

172 Cup
Bethere are currently being slated on every ADSL forum I've seen. Massive infrastructure problems... That's why every other ADSL2+ ISP (Ukonline, F2S, Bulldog etc..) is still in their trial periods..

Clio 182
been with zen for years never had a fault and always top of all review sites, only down side is the price, but hey you pay for a better service.

172 Cup
cat171 said:
(the local exchange only supports 1 mb, they were offering 2mb)

You might have been told that but it's simply not true. DSLAM's using the current ADSL protocol can support anything upto 8mb (IPstream) depending on ISP.

It's probably much more likely that your line is too long, has a low SNR value or the Attenuation is too high.

172 Cup
cat171 said:
I'm not sure then, BT told me that & I did a check on the number & it said only 1mb !

Yeah BT Wholesales (They provide IPStream, aka a method of ADSL, to ISP's) checker will "estimate" the length of your phone line and give you a result accordingly. It has nothing at all to do with your exchange.

coolio I will check out the links, any more ??
I see that Dave-Rsi is asking the same as me too,I will check in the replies to his thread as well.