ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

which cam is better?

193 mk2
i'm thinking of cams too & have looked into these options & for me its out of angelworks & schrick, but i'm leaning towards benr's because of the low end torque they produce.

a new profile is soon to be released to stable the idle even more and the cams will be asymmetrical in design to bump up lower end torque even more and produce more peak power.

I have AWT cams on mine.

Good torque no issues with them, car is still nice and driveable at all speeds.

Bens are from catcams to his design so quality manufacture from a big name with the backing of someone in the UK who can offer advice and be on the end of the phone email pm etc.

I would go AWT.

2005 Nissan Navara
Bens without a shadow of a doubt...

To design a cam lobe profile, takes alot of understanding as to what and how you are changing. ramp angles, valve accelerations and forces, nose pressure etc etc all need to be considered, and more importantly to overall performance valve open/close positions in relation to bdc/tdc<<<these factors alone can/will make or kill power.

Ive done it a few times for various engines, and so i know what is required, and i also know who is capable of this type of work....and who isnt. so yeah, AWT.

I'll be honest, i dont own a 172 and have never looked into cams for them, BUT from everything i have read on here, I would point people towards AWT

throttle bodied mk2 172
benr you are very famous man here but you should organize your marketing from your web site like k-tec,yozzasport,bbp or gdi...i wait for your new design cam.should i only replace the factory cams or more details,parts..?

Maybe so, but i'm not a marketer and that isnt what my website is about and online sales isnt a feature.

Good marketing doesnt make good products.

throttle bodied mk2 172
fred do i need to change valve springs to install schrick?and also ben confuse me about schrick on the forum.PLS HELP i will buy schrick but i want to be sure that i am doing right choice.my mods are 182 exhaust manifold with high flow cat,remus backbox,dastek unichip,viper induction kit,inlet match.so next stage is cam and remapping unichip.thanks.

ahmet said:
yes but how can i get your good product!!!

erm email/pm him, Ben is more than helpful.

Ben, can you please let us all know when the new CAMS come out? I'm nearly ready to purchase. Cheers.

GDI ???BHP Cliosport172
Ive heard on the grapevine that a few companies have been buying up cams and putting their own name on them!!!

throttle bodied mk2 172
portal172 said:
erm email/pm him, Ben is more than helpful.

Ben, can you please let us all know when the new CAMS come out? I'm nearly ready to purchase. Cheers.
we buy together portal;)