ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

which cam is better?

Will take 2 -3 weeks or so to grind, but they will be sent off to be independantly tested as i do not have time at the moment.

ahmet, you dont have to change springs/retainers for any of the road going spec cams available from anyone.

Buy from YS if you must buy online as we do not offer that service.

portal172 said:
erm email/pm him, Ben is more than helpful.

Ben, can you please let us all know when the new CAMS come out? I'm nearly ready to purchase. Cheers.

throttle bodied mk2 172
BenR said:
Will take 2 -3 weeks or so to grind, but they will be sent off to be independantly tested as i do not have time at the moment.

ahmet, you dont have to change springs/retainers for any of the road going spec cams available from anyone.

Buy from YS if you must buy online as we do not offer that service.
ben thanks for being honest but you have to tell me about schrick.if i only replace them with factory ones and remap should i have any problem?thanks

ahmet said:
ben thanks for being honest but you have to tell me about schrick.if i only replace them with factory ones and remap should i have any problem?thanks

you wont have any problems with any of the cams that are designed to run on standard valve springs and retainers, and a remap always helps.

Mazda MX5 1.8
just a general question........

is it essential to have a remap or will a remap just mean ur getting the best of them? :)

i think that depends on the profile of the new cam. A mild cam i believe you can run on the original mapo, but wont get much improvement without the remap. A more extreme fast road cam i think you would need a remap. I might be wrong tho

clio__chris said:
just a general question........

is it essential to have a remap or will a remap just mean ur getting the best of them? :)

its a very good idea as even on a stock engine there are gains in drivability to be had. It'll remove flat spots and dull areas.

80MPG BEEZA
i think this topic should be changed to a what else can you do with a set of cams i hope k-tec and bb arent like you two lol you should be rivals so we can extract the most discount from each other

80MPG BEEZA
BenR said:
There is plenty you can do with a cam, fred has the pics.

lmao i wanna see could be the new image for cliosport! we cud all have the pics up on our windows for fcs!

throttle bodied mk2 172
BenR said:
Hang on, i thought you were going to use the website because it was so easy ;)

haha.
yes i will but some information about installing thats all.:eek: