ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Which Clio for around £6k

350Z GT
Hey all!
Just after some advice really, am looking to buy a new car which will probably be a Clio within the next month or so. Have got a Megane Coupe at the moment which i'd hope is worth about £1500-2000 in part exchange. I have £4000, £4500 at a push to spend on the car.

I have been looking around Auto-Trader, eBay and Pistonheads and have seen a few 172s for around £4750 - £5000. The cars I have seen have under 40,000 miles and full service historys (cambelts done etc) Just wondered if people thought these were good prices? and if specificly anyone had seen any bargains in other places around the south coast.

Also there is a small % of me that was thinking about other cars, is there anything in particular anyone else can think of for a £6k budget - needs to have 4 seats!

Thanks! :cool:

350Z GT
Thanks^ :)
Would prefer a 172 over a 182 as i'm not a fan of the twin exit exhausts!
So far have seen 3 clios I quite like (sorry if i'm not allowed to link to adverts!)
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/2003-03-RENAU...660430QQptZAutomobilesQ5fUKQQsalenotsupported

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/2004-RENAULT-...981187QQptZAutomobilesQ5fUKQQsalenotsupported

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Renault-Clio-...992437QQptZAutomobilesQ5fUKQQsalenotsupported

I am slightly put off the 3rd 1 by the twin exit exhaust, the 1st 1 I quite like as it looks to me like the suspension is changed to some coilovers? :)

Si

RS Clio 172
i'd spend no more than £4000 on a good 172 now matey. they have some spare cash to spend on some goodys :D that's what I did.

I was exactly the same as you... didn't like the wheels or exhaust on a 182 so went after a 172. if i could turn back time i'd prob go looking for a cup now because they're very well priced and come with a decent set of wheels anyway :D

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
same reason i went for a 172 over a 182, i paid what 182s were going for at the time for a very mint low millage 172 2years ago, was well worth it

350Z GT
Thank you for all the advice :)
I'm going to phone the garage on the first link tomorrow and see how low they'll go with a part-exchange. I'm not a fan of the lack of ABS, Air con and nice seats as am used to them in my Megane!

Am not too into modifying, well wont be for 9months or so while I get used to the car although will happily buy a pre-modified car, would rather spend the saved ££ on a club membership, some cleaning stuff and some new camera equipment! Is always nice to have some backup for a breakdown too!

I would consider a Trophy but it may sound weird but dont think I actually deserve 1 if that makes any sense? They do look great and have always wanted one but not sure if i'd prefer to save the ££ and buy a 172 instead, will have a hunt tomorrow though!

Another odd thing is i hate silver cars, I own a Silver Megane atm and if i get 1 of those 172s it'll probably end up being silver, not sure if thats just me who's weird buying cars in the colour I dont like?

172 ph2
thats about rite m8, i payed 5k for my 172 and had 38,000 on the clock, fsh etc, so i would say u could get a pretty good clio for the kinda money uv got :)

NOTHING
my brother in law just paid 5k for a 182 with 1 cup pack , with 37k on it with all the belts done, so should be able to get something roughly the same.

Ph1 172.
Thank you for all the advice :)
I'm going to phone the garage on the first link tomorrow and see how low they'll go with a part-exchange. I'm not a fan of the lack of ABS, Air con and nice seats as am used to them in my Megane!

That particular car has been on ebay for ages and i have been eyeing it up myself, just been waiting on the cash to be able to afford it (hopefully in the next week or so) Good luck with it, i'll know where it has gone if it disappears off ebay :D I'm sure there will be plenty more.