ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Which Clio

BMW e46 320 Ci Sport

of the line id imagine most of em....if theyre a good driver, there aint much in it.

CRX 16v, Golf SE

Thank you

Just some kid reckons the only clio sport that will beat the ctr off the line would be a Cup...been arguing with him...what an ass...ahem...

Tappd'd RS

btw - what do you mean by "off the line" a 60ft time like the first part of a standing quarter mile?

CTR is very hard to launch from the line - plenty owheelspin!

I think it would catch up and then pass:confused: once the speeds get silly, although someone tested a cup and a ctr and there was nothing in it until about !20 when they gave up.

CTR is at its best from a rolling start (less time needed to hit vtec).

BMW e46 320 Ci Sport

ctr beenfits from the vtec which is more top end... at the beginning its any1s game right ballsie?

CRX 16v, Golf SE

yeah, I can understand that the Vtec would kick in, but I think the boy means from standing, not a rolling start...cos if it was a rolling start the CTR would defo kick the ass...ahem...

Tappd'd RS

Quote: Originally posted by david_129 on 27 April 2004

ctr beenfits from the vtec which is more top end... at the beginning its any1s game right ballsie?
exactly - very dependant on the driver, condition of your tyres and weather etc. In " perfect " conditions tho, I think the clios might edge it. Im sure the cup would at least - I havent got any first hand experience of the other 2.

Mazda 2, MX5 Mk2.5 Sport

All down to the driver (and tyres to some extent) esp. from a standing start