ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Which clutch...

Monaco Blue 172
OK so my 172 has done 190k and is starting to feel like the original clutch is on its way out... Which clutch should i get the Valeo or transmech from euro car parts.

In addition, whilst this is being done should get the water pump done at the same time or is this in a totally different area?

Any other considerations ?

Lotus Elise
Completely the other end of the engine to the water pump.

We fit LUK @BTM Valeo are ok too.

Lol, you need not worry Sam. Got plans to do a few trackdays before the years out. That'll tip me over the 190k ;) Though I think the box will be taken out before then, as I have a quaife sitting in the shed with a new clutch also.

I've always gone with Valeo myself.

Last edited:
  Monaco Blue 172
Yup and a surprisingly reliable 190k its been !
Looks like i'll be going for a valeo.. Cheers guys.. How hard is it to get the water pump done btw?!

DON'T SEND ME PM'S!!
I'd never buy an important part like that from Ebay personally.

Just saw you mentioned Transmech in your first post, these are reconditioned clutches, and far inferior to premium quality parts

monaco 172
wow 190k.

whats the life usually like on a clutch for these cars? Ive had my 182 for 3 years and im now on 81k so im saving up for a new clutch as i always though it would be near the end of its life at that sort of mileage

The car never gets driven hard.

The clutch itself lasts very well, its normally down to a noisy release bearing for people changing them.