ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Which Coilovers, FK Highsport or V-Maxx?

330i. E30 Touring.
FKFKFKFKFKFKFKFKFKFKFKFKFKFKFKFKFKFKFKFKFKFKFKFKFKFKFKFKFKFKFKFKFKFKFKFKFKFKFKFKFKFKFKFKFKFKFKFKFKFKFKFKFKFKFKFKFKFKFKFKFKFKKFKF.

What I'm trying to say, is buy the FK's.

clio sport 172
if you want you can go also with these - http://www.venommotorsport.com/product_details.php?id=280&manufacturer=AP&category=Suspension. i bought them + complete powerflex set for wishbone, arb and dogbone.
they are the non-inox KW V1, and they are excellent. i have them now for cca. 8000 km (no leaks, creaks, strange sounds or whatsoever) and i used them on track also.
keep in mind i had before Koni adjustable shocks + springs, and these AP Coilovers are for me way better.

02 Clio 172
just fitted a set of the Vmaxx to my car, only had them on for a few days but handling seems better, the ride is firm but no worse than OEM shocks. Easy to fit and adjust, no idea about the FK's tho!

CBR1000RR Fireblade
FK's over v maxx anyday. and i have v maxx on my 182 so what does that tell you?

clio 172 sport
fitted my fk's tonight,what a pain fronts where,the bit on the strut that has the two holes and bolts to the hub was too tight and had to widen it abit,but alls well now,gonna mess with the height tom,sittin on its balls at the moment and needs put up a bit. feels great on the road though,not much body roll nice and stiff but not too hard :) :)

172 Ph1, Lupo GTI
Lets hope they dont leak. We've stopped selling FK due to too many failures and their long and drawn out warranty process. People should look at AP coilovers as an alternative. Owned by KW.
FK owners should make sure they keep their purchase invoice..

MK3 GTI golf 16v
AP coilovers mate, or KWs youll be talking basic KWs for that money though. i have APs, rate them highly

Anyone else running AP's? looking at some coilovers soon and these could be in the running. Not seen them discussed much on here yet, how do they compare to say the Bilsteins?

172 Ph1, Lupo GTI
AP are KW's budget brand, Bilstein are not a budget brand. Quality control may be as good, but the Bilsteins will outperform.

260% JCW
Lets hope they dont leak. We've stopped selling FK due to too many failures and their long and drawn out warranty process. People should look at AP coilovers as an alternative. Owned by KW.

How long does the warranty last?

172 Ph1, Lupo GTI
two or three years at the top of my head. The real question is can you afford to not use your car for a couple of weeks while your dampers are sent away for testing and replacement and the cost of having them fitted? The warranty will not help you recoup that cost.

AP are KW's budget brand, Bilstein are not a budget brand. Quality control may be as good, but the Bilsteins will outperform.

So if we are talking "budget" coilovers, in this range we have Vmax, FK's, Ktec's and AP. The AP's are the best option?

Next stage up is above the £500 mark - Bilstein, Gaz, Spax, Weitec etc.

ITB'd MK1

same reason I wont sell H&R's. fall apart, and the last set I took off for someone took almost 6 months to have fixed

260% JCW
So if we are talking "budget" coilovers, in this range we have Vmax, FK's, Ktec's and AP. The AP's are the best option?

Next stage up is above the £500 mark - Bilstein, Gaz, Spax, Weitec etc.

Don't forget the FK Konigsports not bad for the money.