ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Would 172/182 REAR coilovers fit on a non-sport (Mk2 Ph2)?

Clio 182
Hi, I have a 2002 1.2 Clio which is currently sitting on a coilover kit with the usual spring and adjuster rear setup. I am considering swapping the rears to a full coilover setup to give me that extra bit of adjustability that I want. Now I know that front coilovers for Clio 172/182's wouldn't fit non sports as the bolt spacing is different, but is there any reason why rear coilovers wouldn't fit on a non sport? I changed the suspension myself so I know what the setup looks like and I don't really know what could differ between this and sport variants. The only things I can imagine could potentially be different is the size of the hole at the bottom of the coilover or the width of the top that fits up into the car. These are the coilovers I am looking at by the way: http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&alt=web&id=191627452666&globalID=EBAY-GB
If anyone could say yay or nay to whether they would fit that would be great!
Cheers,
Sam

Focus RS + S3
like yourself i cant see why not, i wouldn't have thought the bolts being different
we replaced the rear shocks on my brothers 182 few weeks ago and one of the ones we took off was just a general one from a motor factors so i'm assuming they would supply just a Clio shock and not a 'sport' one if that makes sense

Clio 182
like yourself i cant see why not, i wouldn't have thought the bolts being different
we replaced the rear shocks on my brothers 182 few weeks ago and one of the ones we took off was just a general one from a motor factors so i'm assuming they would supply just a Clio shock and not a 'sport' one if that makes sense
That's what I'm thinking, the shape and size of the coilover looks identical to the shocks of the non-sport Clio. It's just odd that the coilovers are listed as 172/182 specific. Maybe it's just cause people don't think that you'd waste that kind of money on suspension for a non sport!

Listerine & Poledo
It'll be the damping level and spring rates that are completely different when you're looking at standard-grade parts, a 1.2 Extreme doesn't come with the same suspension as a 182.
But since you're talking about adjustable coilovers, then that wont matter. The fronts wont go on though, so unless you want sik mad rake, you might want to solve that first :)

sburrell93

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
Almost certain the fittings are all the same on each model. One issue you will have though is clearance between the wheel and spring. Unless you're running a 182 rear beam you'll probably need about 20mm of spacing or low offset wheels to clear the coilovers.