ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Which Dual Action Polisher Kit?

I'm looking at purchasing my first DA, currently polish by hand.
I know similar questions have been asked loads of times (sorry sure all you detailing lot must be getting bored:eek:), but I've been looking at various websites and just wondering what people would suggest as the best 'kit' to go for.
I have a budget of £150, so the one that seems to fall in the category is the DAS 6, but which kit with accompanying polishes/pads would be best for a beginner, and value for money?

Thanks

172 Ph2, Mk1 MX5 1.8
Dont be scared go for a rotary :evil: Mine is great and aslong as your not a goon, it's prety hard to do any damage tbh.

172 Ph2, Mk1 MX5 1.8
Sorry I havnt got a clue what a PDG is ? My rotary polisher is a Silverline I think, cost me about £35 and it's been fantastic.

172 Ph2, Mk1 MX5 1.8
If your after a Dual action, then they are definately a good bet to go for yep. Personally Id go for the cheaper option as I use different polishes.

Sorry I havnt got a clue what a PDG is ? My rotary polisher is a Silverline I think, cost me about £35 and it's been fantastic.

That's my concern. Do you know how much paint you're removing each time you use your rotary? PDG = Paint Depth Guage.

The first one is the one to go for.

The DAS-6 Pro with the Menzerna kit is the best bet;

172 Ph2, Mk1 MX5 1.8
That's my concern. Do you know how much paint you're removing each time you use your rotary? PDG = Paint Depth Guage.

Yes I'm fully aware they are harsh to use, that's why I've only every used it on my current car twice, each time getting a fantastic result.

Yes I'm fully aware they are harsh to use, that's why I've only every used it on my current car twice, each time getting a fantastic result.

But you have no idea how much paint you're removing? So your using it twice might remove enough paint to only allow the next owner to correct it once in the rest of it's life time...?

172 Ph2, Mk1 MX5 1.8
But you have no idea how much paint you're removing? So your using it twice might remove enough paint to only allow the next owner to correct it once in the rest of it's life time...?

I'm not about to enter an arguement about it. I know what I've done with it you dont.

For all you know I could have only used it lightly on the rear bumper twice to remove so scratches (hint hint ;))

I'm sure your a total guru when it comes to machine polishing, but I'm fully aware of the risks involved with Rotary polishers, hence using it accordingly. Please don't make assumptions about things.

Thankyou :)

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
I don't think he had to make assumptions.

Then again JD knows nothing.

I'm not about to enter an arguement about it. I know what I've done with it you dont.

For all you know I could have only used it lightly on the rear bumper twice to remove so scratches (hint hint ;))

I'm sure your a total guru when it comes to machine polishing, but I'm fully aware of the risks involved with Rotary polishers, hence using it accordingly. Please don't make assumptions about things.

Thankyou :)

That's the point; you have no idea how much paint you have removed. So you don't know what you've done.

Your original post backs up my assumption that you have very little knowledge on the matter. The fact that you are so blase about your own paint is one thing. But to offer poor advice to a newbie is another matter altogether. Don't (hint hint ;)).

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
That's the crux of the issue we have.

Do as you wish to your own paint but as mentioned in threads gone past, poor advice will eventually lead to someone damaging their car beyond easy repair.

172 Ph2, Mk1 MX5 1.8
Like i said more assumptions.

I think most people know if used accordingly Rotary polishers are fine and do a good job, it's not rocket science for god sake.

Dont get sarcy either HINT.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Yeah you're a topper aren't you. I should maybe frequent this area less.

172 Ph2, Mk1 MX5 1.8
Yeah you're a topper aren't you. I should maybe frequent this area less.

Jesus all I said is rotary polishers are fine, and i get a load of grief !

Calm down guys, noone has been hurt ! I dont appriciate being called names tho...

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Topper? Wouldn't quite call it a "name" but sorry.

Advice is fine mate but you jumped down JD's throat when he started asking questions you didnt like.

172 Ph2, Mk1 MX5 1.8
Topper? Wouldn't quite call it a "name" but sorry.

Advice is fine mate but you jumped down JD's throat when he started asking questions you didnt like.

No harm done as I say :)

I apologize to JD for jumping down his throat, maybe I cold have worded it better. He has sound advice anyway.

go for whatever polisher you wish, DA are great. I also love my rotary but it does carry its risks as you can see :p

Clio 172 Cup
Definitely go for a DA to begin with, much safer and easy to use, I went for the Meg's G220 myself but the DAS-6 Pro is apparently a great peice of kit also. I also bought a Paint Detective PTG even though I only use on my own motors as it is much cheaper than a respray lol.

BTW Hi Gally :D I'm same username from Detailing World and only just found here having bought a 172 Cup as my winter transport :p

Jeff

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Definitely go for a DA to begin with, much safer and easy to use, I went for the Meg's G220 myself but the DAS-6 Pro is apparently a great peice of kit also. I also bought a Paint Detective PTG even though I only use on my own motors as it is much cheaper than a respray lol.

BTW Hi Gally :D I'm same username from Detailing World and only just found here having bought a 172 Cup as my winter transport :p

Jeff

Hi mate. If you're looking for any Clio advice don't pm me. I haven't once since, well at least 5 years.

The £12 membership fee is a bargain by the way if you haven't already signed up. :)