ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

which engine parts/gaskets needed for rebuild?

225 powered mk2
Basically I am transferring all the parts off the 225 block into a 182 F4r Block so i can fit the Jc5 box onto it. Now i know i need new gasket sets, headbolts, shells? Cambelt kit, timing/locking tools aswell.

Question is which gasket set do i buy, the 225 or the 182 set? same for the headbolts and cambelt kit. Also wheres the best place to get them from as ive been quoted £91 for the gasket set
frown.gif

What else will i need to rebuild the engine, could i just pop the crank into the block and just reuse the shells?

I ask as i have not done anything like this before.

Cheers guys
smile.gif

RSTuning

ClioSport Club Member
  R35 GTR
Ideally you need at least the Megane head gasket as it's thicker than the 1x2, personally i'd use a cometic 70 thou (meg is 50 and clio 30).

225 powered mk2
Cheers for the info, as for the bottom end , is it best to use new shells and bolts etc?

cheers.