ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Which Exhaust? (F7R)

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
My exhaust is doing my fecking nut in as it keeps knocking so i've decided it time for a newun!

Now whats best to get? The system i have now has no middle boxes which i presume helps free up some power?

I had a Magnex on my old one...sounded lovely but had a middle box which i dont think i want!

Now am i best to phone one these custom places and see what they can offer?! I take it they would build me a straight through jobby?

I have got a magnex and decat on mine and it pops and spits a goodun

Sounds nice too and not overkill for motorway driving

You're not alone, I have the valver engine, and my Mongoose exhaust knocks like a ****, nothing I do to tinker with it makes it stop hitting the rear torsion bar.

That said, a friend has recently bought the equipment to bend and make exhausts, so we'll see. I am expecting to be able to have a custom exhaust pretty soon.

James.

Clio Mk1 Hybrid
I've got a Mongoose and I had to replace the mounting rubbers with poly ones from Rally Design before it stopped knocking. Only cost about £15 iirc.

Worth doing, it was absolutely awful before.

James

Audi TT 225 Quattro
ive got a scorpion and that knocks..lol, i think all aftermarket systems bangabout on valvers

Every after market system i've seen knocks, only tyhe custom made ones don't, mine is a powerflow and its fine, only draw back is that the tail pipe stick out a bit