ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Which Exhaust is best

I need a new exhaust.....full Stainless Steel system (well cat back) which one is the best to buy for power gains.......?.. i dont mind a bit of noise, but i would like to hear myself think.......im more of a power gains person.........dont wanna join the all mouth & no guts crew !!.....no offence intended to anyone there !

so comon...which one ?....Scorpion? Magnex? ETC.....

im having a new OMP system made and flown in from Italy this month so ill let you know how it goes.

I have mongoose at the mo and the centre baffle has fallen off, but the rear section is fine.

I looked at supersprint, but they no longer make the race system. Still, their frd systems are really very very good. Not cheap, but about the best you can get off the shelf.

Get a K-Tec Racing power exhaust system & a silenced de-cat pipe.

Ive got this, but a straight through de-cat.

The car became a lot more driveable, and was noticeably quicker.

I had my car rolling roaded before and after. Power & Torque were only up a few but were both peaking 300rpm lower.

This meant on the road it was pulling harder sooner and there is no need now to go to the red line for the power.

I am very happy with the system and would recommend it to everyone!

Clio 1.8 16v

i have got a mongoose and they sound the best bar far even my mate says that mine sounds better than his and he has got a magnex

errr....not really worried what it sounds like........im looking for power gains !!......efficiency in gas exit ETC !!!...........it could sound like a 1.1 metro.....i dont care...as long as its the best for the job !!..with BHP gains !!

I would recommend Powerflow, but seeing as you want power, Id have to say K-Tec.

Powerflow are great for sound and looks, but for power, Id personally goto K-Tec.. (I have a Powerflow Backbox myself)

Daz.

Willy2

Mark

Really and truely go for a magnex, quite a low noise factor and smoother power, im gonna order the Ktec decat, as I have just got another years MOT. Saying that I will sort out the exhaust soon and we can discuss the price if you want a filler for the meanwhile, or i have a complete standard one which need a very small amount of welding for £50 until you get a good buy come up.

thanks evilclio.......ill ave a butchers

daz i was considering the k-tec one today...but they havent got the one i want in stock & theyll only give 5% discount......... no wonder they can afford to blow £28,000 on a ren 5 gtt !!

Raj theres nothing wrong with my exhaust really...i just fancied a nice s/s one........just dont tell the missus...coz i told her its knackered... !!!!

mums the word ok !............dont worry..i wont tell anyone about that haemorrhroid cream you had in yer car the other week !! :p

I would recommend Scorpion all the way. Ive got full s/s system with a Grp A 2" centre pipe with no secondary silencer, and the sounds not that loud, compared to K-Tec or Powerflow, although still noticeably louder than standard, but a very very nice tone. Its the only exhaust with the deep rumble that makes it sound more like a TVR or a rally car than a raspy Big Bore Nova! Performance wise, Scorpion wins all the magazine tests for power gains as long as its the full system and not just the backbox.

Quote: Originally posted by theICEman on 15 April 2003

Its the only exhaust with the deep rumble that makes it sound more like a TVR or a rally car than a raspy Big Bore Nova!
Have you actually heard the KTR exhausts. Most people would agree with me that they sound like a rally car.

Loads of people have commented on my KTR exhaust sounding very similar to a rally car. Cant say Ive had anyone say anything about it sounding like a nova!

Willy2

Mark, please there is nothing to worry about, the cream was for you, you mentioned you were fed up with sitting on grapes! :p

Weights sounds like a motorbike too, on full bore - I always go to one side for bikes.. At once stage, I did it.. then looked forward and he was accelerating away - amazing sound.

Daz.

S2000

Quote: Originally posted by Fatherted on 15 April 2003

thanks evilclio.......ill ave a butchers

daz i was considering the k-tec one today...but they havent got the one i want in stock & theyll only give 5% discount......... no wonder they can afford to blow £28,000 on a ren 5 gtt !!

Raj theres nothing wrong with my exhaust really...i just fancied a nice s/s one........just dont tell the missus...coz i told her its knackered... !!!!

mums the word ok !............dont worry..i wont tell anyone about that haemorrhroid cream you had in yer car the other week !! :p
Well they dont have to give any discount. Something is better than nothing isnt it????

yo mr ted!

lol, mine should be on by the end of the month, and i go past swindon a fair few times so i could pop by and let you see it, see what you think.

i could admire them yes!

do u get people crashing all about you as they concentrate on your wheels rather than the rd?

ahhhhh is that what it is........ jeez & there was me thinkin it was ME they were admiring !!

Im Bradd Pitts brother dontcha know........first name cess !

Dust I think it was the K5....or somthing like that.........4 1/2 thick rimmed slash cut !!!

the other one (which is a sorta jap design) looks like a motor bike exhaust which im not keen on............you can also remove the baffles on it.........again....which im not keen on either !!