ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

which exhaust-suggestions please

535d / t5 caravelle
sounds like my exhaust is on the way out, not something i've ever had to replace before, so never looked into them, got a standard one on at the minute, but would like an aftermarket one, not to loud for everyday driving, but dont mind a bit of noise when on full pelt :eek:

so what are my options?

pics welcomed!

Renault clio 172
Iv always been told that milltek cat back systems are very good but they are around 400-500 quid, BTB exhaust systems are also supposed to be superb but I think there even more expensive, yozzasport are also meant to be really good but I think they may be a bit loud for you, coz my mate has one and its very very loud IMO, I think in all honesty it depends how much you want to spend mate

535d / t5 caravelle
ktec stealth?

are they reasonably quiet? what about when putting your foot down?

Iv always been told that milltek cat back systems are very good but they are around 400-500 quid, BTB exhaust systems are also supposed to be superb but I think there even more expensive, yozzasport are also meant to be really good but I think they may be a bit loud for you, coz my mate has one and its very very loud IMO, I think in all honesty it depends how much you want to spend mate

wow! dont want to be spending that kind of money, ( unless second hand ) was thinking around the £300 mark if thats possible? think a yozza is out of the question. will look into the other 2 mind

535d / t5 caravelle
are there any bhp gains to be had by any particular exhaust system?

Renault clio 172
On its own probs not m8 if so very minimal even from the very best ones, don't hold me to this I'm no expert just what iv learned on here m8

Coops Mk1

ClioSport Club Member
  Lots of Scrap...
depends on the model too, the silenced ktec is supposedly very nice, good note and live with it day to day, but the unsilenced makes a yozza look like a buddist monk in the height of the quiet season

or so i heard ;)

535d / t5 caravelle
ktec stealth?

i think theyre 'sporty' when you put your foot down but quiet when pootling along.

thats the only moderate 172 exhaust i know of sorry :eek:

sounds good to me that

depends on the model too, the silenced ktec is supposedly very nice, good note and live with it day to day, but the unsilenced makes a yozza look like a buddist monk in the height of the quiet season

or so i heard ;)

i will bear that in mind, dont want my ears to bleed :shock:

I've got a ktec supersports steath. It is rather loud but I love it.

i'll stay clear or the mrs might not want to drive it...................................... oh hang on! ;)

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
Fair one. I had a ktec on my old phase 1, it was boomy and heavy :(. Then I bought an omp and that would be a definate no for what you want lol.

Renault clio 172
Forgot to say m8 that I had a magnex system on one of my previous 172's and that was pritty quite until you buried your foot a bit, but it was reasonable when just going easy, it had a really nice sound as well IMO but again I'm sure it was around 400 quid ( sorry this was around 4-5 years ago), not sure if you want to spend that much m8, but then again not sure if you could get a genuine renault one for that price, price them up m8 you will be shocked how much they are lol

535d / t5 caravelle
right, definitely want a stealth exhaust of some description, k-tec seem to be top trumps so far, looks like i might be creeping towards the£400 mark

will do, is yours very noisy when just driving along normally? just been on k-tec site, they get very good reviews, by yourself as well i think lol

will check out the price

i wouldn't say it was very noisy driving along normally. I have a motorway commute to work and at 70 it's ok. But it's definitely not the quietist. And yes a review by me as its way louder the ktec state unless I have a "special" one lol.

Im sure there is someone up your way who has one. They are popular I think

535d / t5 caravelle
the mrs drives it on the motorway, so probably not the best option, will have a search around on you tube like you say between the stealth and super quiet stealth, i want some bloody noise though lol

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
It may be worth nothing but my advice is look into the btb one. Or t a custom made one to your specification. I can't think off the top my head who I was asked to speak too but I'm sure someone will know. I think you may regret buying the ktec one.

Renault clio 172
Have a look at the magnex m8 I think that might suit you well, mine was quite buy aftermarket exhaust standards but not to quite

535d / t5 caravelle
its alot of money mate tbh, more than i want to spend really, what makes you think i might regret a k-tec one? i'm not rushing into it as my intentions are to get the current one welded up whilst i decide on a new one, i wouldn't know where to begin with a custom one tbh

Daz.

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 200 RS EDC
I really would buy another new standard one personally Bill.

I looked for ages for a suitable replacement then realised standard was the best replacement.

535d / t5 caravelle
I really would buy another new standard one personally Bill.

I looked for ages for a suitable replacement then realised standard was the best replacement.

i fancy something a bit more throaty Daz, and i'm a firm believer of modify rather than replace with standard when the opportunity arises :)

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
Pay the money then dude. Good luck with the search :)

Oh and a custom one will be made to how you want it to sound, and I'm sure if you didn't like it down the line someone would buy it, as 'custom exhaust for sale' sounds cool lol

535d / t5 caravelle
oh you mean as in a powerflow one etc ( the penny has dropped lol ) had many of them on previous cars, always liked them actually