ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

which external hard drive?

172 M69 eater
morning,

need an external hard drive (about 250-320gb), can anyone suggest a good / well priced beast of a machine? ideally not looking to spend over £100...

ta!

patty

Mk2 Golf GTI
I was in Staples the other day and they had one that was about 500gb for around the £100 mark

I have owned three Lacie drives now, 250GB, 500GB and 2TB.

All have failed on me now. Will NEVER buy LaCie again!

Yaris Hybrid
Amazon have some well cheap drives. £63 for 250GB.

Made by "Buffalo" who ever they are?

I have an old Maxtor one I bought a few years back now and it is still going strong. I suspect that the less you move and knock these things about the more reliable they are likely to be. They are just basic internal HD's in a plastic casing as opposed to special shock proof units. I just keep mine on the desk undisturbed...

Rally bus
I used Western and Seagate ones, had no problems with either. Maplins had 320Gb Seagate ones for £89 when I was in there last week.

6/468 17poo
western digital seem to be pretty good 250gb for around 69 notes on amazon!read alot of reviews they sound quite good