ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Which fuel

Boxster S

Now Im sure somebody has asked this question before, but as Im a newbie and cant find what I am looking for via a search what fuel do people suggest I should use?

Is there any risk in using regular unleaded, Im aware that its not as potent as Optimax say, but is that the only downside? I tried Optimax in my Ibiza Cupra for about a month, found it to be no different and saved my money by switching back to the cheaper stuff...

Any thoughts??

If Renault say use Super then I would use super, though many argue that theres nothing wrong with normal 95ron.

My valver runs much better on Super!

Ziel Nurburgring

Please search. This is covered at least every other day on here.

Welcome to CS though mate, nad i would use nothing other than optimax or tesco value 99ron.

I use optimax in my 172. I too was asking myself the same questions when I got my car. But decided its worth paying a few pence more per litre if its what Renault recommend. Otherwise why would they state it?

CTR

Theres a sticker on the inside of my new 182s filler cap cover recommending that you use 98 RON petrol - I think Optimax is the only 98 RON available in this country (but Im sure Ill be told if wrong!).

Cant imagine that regular unleaded would do it any harm, but there are so many postings from people on this site saying how much better their cars run on premium unleaded that Ive decided to go with the masses and head for the nearest Shell station whenever Im running low!

Quote: Originally posted by Penfold1977 on 12 May 2005

Now Im sure somebody has asked this question before, but as Im a newbie and cant find what I am looking for via a search what fuel do people suggest I should use?

Is there any risk in using regular unleaded, Im aware that its not as potent as Optimax say, but is that the only downside? I tried Optimax in my Ibiza Cupra for about a month, found it to be no different and saved my money by switching back to the cheaper stuff...

Any thoughts??
Only about a gazillion times.

Use one or the other for a few weeks at a time and make your own mind up.

Optimax on my valver runs much better. Even had a positive affect on my old RTs. If you can afford the price everytime, go for it.

Depends on the months wage for me :p

Clio 182 / Lotus Elise S1

Optimax most of the time, Super (or BP Ultimate) otherwise and normal 95 RON if I get caught short! :)

Optimax all the way! If you cant get it use super (97ron).

Ive done my sums and Optimax is cheaper, performance is better as is mpg. Ive tested this over 6000 miles and know that Optimax is the best all round fuel for my 182 and certainly the best for performance!

Use one thatll burn with a spark plug :p

I know ya all using optimax or smilar, but whats wrong with normal unleaded? Surely theres not that much difference between the two?

There is a difference in responsiveness, try optimax once - its not going to break the bank ;)

Hopefully youll see the light and join the exalted ranks of the converted!