ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Which GfxC For £70?

03 Clio 1.6 16v Dynamique
What's the best graphics card in today's market for around the £70 region?

I was sniffing around the 9600GT online, but are these any cop?
Is hoping for a Card with 512MB of DDR3 memory feasable for that price?

Thanks,

Pete.

Golf MK7,GSX-R600 L4
I've just bought a ATI HD3850 512MB DDR3, but it requires a 450watt PSU so I no longer want it as i don't want to change my current psu. I can sell you it for £65 + P&P if you like. I paid £80 for it. It's not used at all. send me a pm if interested.

I've not got a 450watt PSU either and ideally would like to stick with an NVidia card tbh.

Thanks anyway mate.

Golf MK7,GSX-R600 L4
I've not got a 450watt PSU either and ideally would like to stick with an NVidia card tbh.

Thanks anyway mate.

no worries mate but i would check when you buy what psu is required because a lot of them nowadays seem to need power to the fan on the card and my 350w psu is no good for a fairly decent card.

8800GT is a bargain for the money, well worth pushing the budget,

If your not worried about a directx 10 card, then i'd go for a ATI 1950 512mb pro

I'll consider, but that's an extra £20 including delivery, plus I only want something decent, not exceptional. £50 odd would be more than enough for something good'ish, right?

Are ATi worth a look?

Thanks,

Pete.

172 Cup
What are you going to use it for? Media PC? Gaming PC? Work/General use PC?

What's the rest of the system like?

Purely personal, gaming really.
Just got FS X and realised the planes can look a lot better :p lol I've got COD2, Pro Evo 2008 and will get 2009 when out and Far Cry, those kind of games really. Nothing too beasty.
Don't feel the need for anything all singing all dancing but if I can get something decent for around 50/60 then great, and thought that ^ looked reasonable?

Rest is;
Dual core Athlon 64 X2 3800+ (standard, not O/C rng @ 2.01 Ghz)
2 GB DDR2 667Mhz RAM [Gonna' chuck another 2gig of ddr2 in to help matters?]
BFG 3DFuzion GeForce 7600 GT 256MB GDDR3
Hyundai B71A 17" TFT
2 x 250 Gb Sata's
XP Pro sp2
...All running on an MSI K9N Neo-F nForce 550 (Socket AM2) PCI-Express DDR2 Motherboard.

Thanks,
P.