ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Which induction kit?

Mk1 16v brooklands
Hello peeps, hopfully just purchased a totally standard ph1 172 just wondering if you tell me which induction kits you guys run! Maybe just get an itg with air feed?

RB 182 Gordini
I agree, Induction kits are poo! just noise!! Save your money and have a new exhaust fitted, proper noise and you will love it!

Clio Sport 172 Ph2
Ive got a huge £20 cone filter on mine (for now) and sounds great! yes i know only £20 so it must be s**te but im skint lol.

Mk1 16v brooklands
I dont want a pipercross.. Im not fussed about noise..

If i was going to fit a piperx i may aswell put a gas heater in the bay aswell as all it does i suck up heat..

Cheers boys ill stick with a caf and itg

ripp

ClioSport Club Member
  182 FFAT
i'm pleased with my BMC. I think the most important thing is to have a good CAF and avoid heat soak. enclosed IK's will help

ripp

ClioSport Club Member
  182 FFAT
^at ~380 it should be good :)
as I said if you go for an enclosed induction from a decent manufacturer and run the CAF properly these kits would work.

Danith

ClioSport Club Member
  MX5 ND2/220 Trophy
dont bother, just disconnect the CAF's for the sound. well better than an IK. but if you want ive got a pipercross you can have for a tenner.

monaco 172
i dont understand. the ph1 box is probably the best you can get anyway. And your not bothered about noise. So why you looking at induction kits lol?

yeecup

ClioSport Club Member
  mk8Fiesta ST,172 cup
iv just bought a k&n panel filter for my ph1 172 airbox, maxogen would be nice but funds dont allow atm. on ebay new for £30 just now from a powerseller, bargain.