ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Which is Fastest

MCS R56
Crash into him and when he stops, keep going.

You will win and it will be another win for the Clio!!!

We can then scratch off another car that tried against the mighty 1*2!!

BMW Z4 3.0 - Done
Audi RS4 - Done
Subaru Impreza STI - Done
Ferrari F430 - Done

Next up

Pagana Zonda R
Bugatti Veyron

Ph1 172
the 231hp 3.0i is still around 1s faster than a 172 0-60

being owner of both cars I can assure you that the difference in a straight line is considerable

the Z4 also has a lower CG, wider track, bigger tires...

Alot of the 0-60 time has got to be down to better traction off the mark. S13 200sx's have better 0-60 times on paper than cups but a standard 170hp one is slower once moving (except they have similar top ends).

I'm not suprised the Z4 is faster, but I as suprised people think its more than a little faster.
Also I'm amazed people think they would outhandle a cup, they must be absolutly amazing to carry 400kg of extra weight around faster. I would suspect that allthough they feel like they have more pure grip, they wouldn't be able to change direction nearly as fast.

I'm going to be hunting for Z4s all the time now :evil:

Astra SRI/ Hornet
I doubt there be much in it, any1 who has ever raced a m3 would know a lesser bmw would only be equal to a sport, I bait all the time in mine,

Ps. Just do it when it's wet and own him.

Dafthead

ClioSport Club Member
  MB EQC
I thought all RS' were faster than anything else on the road, especially in icy conditions?

Alot of the 0-60 time has got to be down to better traction off the mark. S13 200sx's have better 0-60 times on paper than cups but a standard 170hp one is slower once moving (except they have similar top ends).

I'm not suprised the Z4 is faster, but I as suprised people think its more than a little faster.
Also I'm amazed people think they would outhandle a cup, they must be absolutly amazing to carry 400kg of extra weight around faster. I would suspect that allthough they feel like they have more pure grip, they wouldn't be able to change direction nearly as fast.

They do change direction well for their weight. But you're right, a lot of the better 0-60 time is RWD traction vs FWD (I know they ARE a little quicker but not hugely). I've seen quite a few almost standard Clio Sports get in the mid 14s which is almost the same.