ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Which is Fastest

MODDED 172
Just got off the phone to my mate he was telling me all about his BMW Z4 he has just bought telling me about this and that. Sounds a nice motor, Also said it is a 3 litre and would leave my 2 litre 172 sport in the dust. I told him to wipe his mouth coz he is chatting s**t. Mine has been re-mapped, matched inlets and de-cat, so was just wondering what you guys reckon who would leave who in the dust? ?

Mini Cooper S sport
You may need to eat a slice of this...

pie_01.jpg

Marky_

ClioSport Club Member
Just tell him you don't want to embarass him and never mention it ever again.

You could always just admit that his car his a bit quicker than yours? I don't like them TBH, much prefer an S2000 or 350z, but there's no denying they're a quality car. Better than yours so just admit it and get another pint in. Adults FTW ;)

A4 DTM/iceberg cup
i love these threads.... always something new and different... i wouldn't have even tried against one of them in my cup.(i'd be looking the other way at the lights lol)

02 172 pre ESP Monaco(13)
Laugh and tell him although he will beat you, he spent way more than you and still ended with a girls car or disable his traction control and watch him take flight into the nearest field

What reg is the Z4? the early ones are 230bhp, then later 255bhp or so. Tbh they are quick but I think an early one wouldn't be that much quicker (certainly not the difference people are suggesting on here- power to weight is similar) and handling wise you'd push him on a "twisty" road unless he is particularly confident with RWD.

172 5HED
i love these threads.... always something new and different... i wouldn't have even tried against one of them in my cup.(i'd be looking the other way at the lights lol)

I love that, like the old refusing to look at you that people do when they cut you up and clearly know you're calling them a wanker :D:D

Was a 197
if u can keep up with him and stay on his tail, he might more than likely make a mistake and wrap himself round a tree (as you said he can't drive for s**t) and then the race is yours

Was a 197
take him on a track day, something like brands hatch, but not the gp circuit, only the indy circuit, less straights, more corners, you should be the winner there

172 ph1
What reg is the Z4? the early ones are 230bhp, then later 255bhp or so. Tbh they are quick but I think an early one wouldn't be that much quicker (certainly not the difference people are suggesting on here- power to weight is similar) and handling wise you'd push him on a "twisty" road unless he is particularly confident with RWD.
the 231hp 3.0i is still around 1s faster than a 172 0-60

being owner of both cars I can assure you that the difference in a straight line is considerable

the Z4 also has a lower CG, wider track, bigger tires...