ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Which KTEC stealth

GW 200T
Just been looking at the Ktec website for stealth exhaust systmes and see they now do 3 Stealth systems for the 172. has any one had any of the 3 and what do they recon to them,
I need a new back box but money is tight at the moment so was after opions and would like it to be as near OE as poss

Just had a quick look from what i can gather one is mild steel which you don't want and the other two are stainless one with and one without a centre section obviously the system without will be louder.

320d
What's it like at 70-80ish boomy

Yes, I had the normal cat back one with centre silencer and it was more boomy than my 182 by a long way which has a decatted scorpion. IMO there are better systems out there for the 172.

DON'T SEND ME PM'S!!
Just had a quick look from what i can gather one is mild steel which you don't want

Care to elaborate?

I'm on my second mild steel system (on consecutive cars) and I've been nothing but happy with both. The mk1 system sounded amazing, and the 172 stealth looks and sounds not far off standard

Care to elaborate?

I'm on my second mild steel system (on consecutive cars) and I've been nothing but happy with both. The mk1 system sounded amazing, and the 172 stealth looks and sounds not far off standard

Just in terms of it won't last as long as stainless, should have worded that as i wouldn't buy a mild steel.

i am actually thinking about getting the stealth, but my doubt is, is there so much difference between the one with the center and the one without? I dont want too much loud noise, but also i want a little good sound more than stock exhaust.

Any one had the super quiet one

yes we have the super quiet on ours , its quieter than the standard exhaust we had but we are sure that was shot ......

its not boomy and sounds like a standard car with a little throatyness , but nothing in the cabin which is perfect .....

have pleanty of cars that make nice noises , none of which are boomy .