ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Which model Clio do you prefer and why?

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
Re: Which model Clio do you prefere and why?

That is a poor pic of a Mk1 Russ. Duff is amazing mind you. A legend in its own right.

Still MK1 for me..

Valver7.gif

I still get wet/excited when i look back at old pics of mine and think of the fun i had in it.

53 Clio's & counting

Tell me about it Tom, not washed, with the fooked front bumper on lol - I will improve it :D

Mk2 Ph2 172
Mk2 ph2 reminds me off when I bought my 1.2 16v dynamic brand new In 2000 first one on a Y plate i was 18...

I did nearly 20k miles in the first year in that lol

That's why I bought my 172 reminds of it and was similar colour

R26/200 Raider

Mk 1s looked nice but not a fan of the actual drive. The standard wheels looked smart on the early models but started to peel quite quickly. They changed the style on later models but not as nice.

200 for me.

Never driven a mk1, so can't comment on them.

The mk2, liked the looks, but being tall, the driving position was just too dire.

In what way is that spot on though? Just because it's not 1990 anymore...So if you prefer mk1 drive you instantly shouldn't consider one because cars are different now.

For the record I'm not saying a Williams is a better car nor any mk2.

Just seems a bit... daft

But look at the Mk1. It just looks really old. Rusty. Spiders in the mirrors. Pass.

The 200 looks great.

53 Clio's & counting

Il have you know the spiders were a very expensive and popular optional extra at the time!

F56 MINI Cooper S

In which way?

EVery possible way. It looks real old, and it doesnt go as well as a mk3, nor handle as well. Its all well and good 'thinkin' it does cos its smaller etc, but fact of the matter is, with the way the new suspension is, its nowhere near a 200

Evo 5 RS

EVery possible way. It looks real old, and it doesnt go as well as a mk3, nor handle as well. Its all well and good 'thinkin' it does cos its smaller etc, but fact of the matter is, with the way the new suspension is, its nowhere near a 200

You were 8 when it came out. So it's unlikely you'd have any nostalgic or love for anything other than...whatever it was you liked when you were a kid.

Your 182 looks ancient.

All joking aside stating the 200 is a better car is obvious, but saying a mk1 looks old is also obvious. BECAUSE IT IS. It's still a great car

Last edited:

jenic

ClioSport Club Member

Probably the trophy from my limited experience, I prefer my old RB for looks though, but if the trophy was RB I'd prefer that.

I've only tried a 172 cup, 182 ff, 182 trophy and 200 non cup'd.

I like it because it's still feels raw to drive which the 200 just didn't, yet still has the creature comforts like recaros, cruise control and air con.

If the trophy was a better colour, came with xenons and had climate it'd be perfect.

If it has to be mk1 or 3 then the 200, for sure!

Last edited:

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member

I prefer the williams I think, its not really something that's easy to pick between tbh.

Although I have never driven either.

F56 MINI Cooper S

You were 8 when it came out. So it's unlikely you'd have any nostalgic or love for anything other than...whatever it was you liked when you were a kid.

Your 182 looks ancient.

All joking aside stating the 200 is a better car is obvious, but saying a mk1 looks old is also obvious. BECAUSE IT IS. It's still a great car

It came out in 1999? I was 8 in 99...

200s are better end of really, its what i prefer because of that fact as per the thread title

F56 MINI Cooper S

My parents have a 200, I've got the 182 so i've driven the ones I like alot put it that way :cool:

Trophy #490

If I had to live with one day-to-day? A fully specced 200. They've grown on me looks wise, and to drive they're great. So sure-footed when pushing on.

If I had to drive one on a great road? Trophy, every single time. For me, it's the epitome of a hot hatch and is such a laugh. The difference between a normal 182 and a Trophy is huge. The dampers transform it from a good car into a brilliant one. Seven years on, it's still in the top five hot hatches without question.

Sense of occasion? A phase two v6. Can't beat its special feel. Within ten yards you know you're in something completely out of the ordinary, and something that's not going to be repeated. The noise is unreal, and even the smell is intoxicating. Great car!

Think the biggest testament to the Clio is that there's something for everyone. Williams to 200, they're all great in their own way.

Mk3 P1 dymanique 16v

200 looks the dogs imo
this is wt i wud b driving if i could!!!
99d26215.jpg

c7c93026.jpg

WIN!!!

172 Cup

200. However the williams (a decent example anyway) will allways be a classic.

The above looks pretty sick actually i like it.

RS Clio cup white

I'd have to say the will's with the 200 drivetrain and setup would make one hell of a great car

clio 182

it as to be the mk1 they were/are an awesome car cracking drive :approve:. i did have one too

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member

That is a poor pic of a Mk1 Russ. Duff is amazing mind you. A legend in its own right.

Still MK1 for me..

Valver7.gif

I still get wet/excited when i look back at old pics of mine and think of the fun i had in it.

i bought the turinis off that when i was 17!!

16v Ph1
love my mk1 cant ever see me wanting any other type of clio, every time i get out of it i always look back at it and see those huge arches and never stops me from grinning from ear to ear

Evo 8 MR
The grandad, looks better.

I don't like how all new cars are getting bigger and bigger.