ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

which of these tyres is best for 172FF?

172 Cup 2003
currently got TOYO Proexs T1-R

do i get some more:

TOYOS T1-R 195/45/R16

OR

MICHELIN EXALTO PE2 195/45/R16

OR

GOOD YEAR EAGLE F1 195/45/R16

not in dire need but don't want to make the wrong choice

172 Cup 2003
hmmm does that mean f1s wont be as good as the other two in spring / summer?

the thing is i drive through alot of country roads and motorways and some times in heaven pours the Toyos feel bit twitchy dunno y tho.

B

Brown.

goodyears, ive got them and can vouche ther better then the other two in wet, mmmm not much in it in the dry. goodyears will last longer too

F1s are still ace in the dry - I just don't like smearing them across the road during hard cornering when I know how much I've paid for them! LoL

Toyo's are good in the dry as they're a soft compound and quite cheap to replace, but they are s.h.i.t. in the wet compared to F1s!

FF Blackgold 182
There was a similar post on here the other day and they were saying that Michelins were better for the most part.:S Think it's a rather personal preference.

f1s are the best tyres from that list imo. closly followed by the PE2s. My F1s held up well at the ring a few weeks back!

172 ph1 ASBO SLAYER
goodyear's crap to begin with but better than the others once you've scrubbed them in & they rule all in the wet

172 cup
pe2s cant fault them, car understears pregresivaly in the wet and i havnt been able to provoke the rear

Chocolate Bar™
considering i've just paid 35quid a piece for my goodyear eagles, (result for having 15's!) i think you cant go wrong. putting them on mine through the winter before swapping in the summer for something more inpractical and more hardcore lol