ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

WHICH OILS TO USE

Rs monaco 172 mk2
AS THE TITLE SAYS WHICH OIL SHOULD I USE FOR THE ENGINE.....
AND IF SO ANY PARTICULAR BRAKE FLUID

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
Fully synthetic 5w-40 or 10w-40 . Any dot 4 brake fluid will be fine .

Clio 172, 2001
Whoa! It's not as simple as that!

Most 'Fully Synthetic' Oils are completely shite and well overpriced, including the majority of famous branded ones.

If you like your car, get Silkoline Pro S 5W 40. Should be about £50.

If you don't, Halfords own 'Fully Synthetic' is ACEA A3 rated, and just as good as the Elf stuff Renault will try to sell you.

Renaultsport Clio 182
I'll second the Silkolene Pro S 5w40 oil too. it's used by the guys in GDI and they know their stuff!!

soon to be a 200
Not used by gdi any more had my service there and noticed they were not putting silkolene in . i asked and they said they found that the silkolene was breaking down ? . They used shell

Clio 172, 2001
Motul make good stuff, I couldn't recommend Shell personally.

Did you specify an Ester based oil? Or just a cheapy service?

soon to be a 200
Went there because they said they use silkolene . Never asked for a cheap service .

soon to be a 200
Just got the wife to phone gdi they do still use silkolene so liar liar pants on fire .
Wont use them again .

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
I always use Silkolene Pro S 5w40 . Got some last week delivered from http://www.opieoils.co.uk for £40.49 . If you become a member it's free to join , you get a good discount . It's back up at £44.99 delivered at the moment .As said above its usually 50 quid .

Rs monaco 172 mk2
what is the difference between 5w 40 and 10w 40... and which is better......... also what abt castrol....

ITB'd Ph1 172
Not used by gdi any more had my service there and noticed they were not putting silkolene in . i asked and they said they found that the silkolene was breaking down ? . They used shell

We use silkolene, shell and motul oils in our services! It does depend on what we have in stock at the time! They are all good oils! However we have never had any problems with silkolene breaking down with any of the cars we have used it in! Not sure who told you that we had had trouble with the silkolene always been a very good oil!!! :S:S

Fuches ( spelling )5w 40 super titan fully synth is REAL fully synth , it's good stuff , and pretty cheap from your local GSF car parts.

leon