ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

which pads to get??

Dooby

ClioSport Club Member
  172 Cup
ferodo ds 2500 are very good, bit cheaper check out mintex extremes as well

SLK 350
He said no squeals, Mintex are awful for noise and DS aren't much better I'm told. I'd get EBC Redstuff again, Yellow are track aren't they? They need heat to work.

Lionel Richie
Mintex extreme - barge pole

for a fast road pad i would sugest either the EBC green or Ferodo DS2500 (but squealing can be possible with the DS pad)

E39 M5 & Corsa track
id have the ds2500 over the green stuff pads any day of the week, dont have squeeling problems on my other car with the 2500's either....

Cup'd Monaco 172
Yellows work fine from cold, they do improve with heat though.

The set I fitted to the my old 205 came with loads of warnings about being track only. My current set didn't. The compounds are improving all the time. Track pads arent the compromise they used to be.

if you want a performance pad they are going to squeel basically... it's something I can live with, so Ferrodo DS2500 would be my choice. I'm currently trying these Mintex efforts and they are okay... but I think I've fucked them already...

Black-Gold 182
I've running Mintex extreme pads, and yeah, they can be a little noisey when cold (never squeaky though). Stopping power is pretty impressive though - have bedded them in well and truely now (400+miles over 4 weeks).
As for dusty - not in my expereince. They're MUCH cleaner than the standard Renault ones that were on before. What discs you using? I'm using EBC grooved ones.

Last edited:
  Clio 182
mintex extreme=shite

Smoked a set within a few weeks which were carefully run in. They never recovered from their smoke sesh.

Got some ds2500, brembo hc and hoses going on on sun- yeah!

Greeny.

ClioSport Club Member
  440i + 182
What would be the best to use with standard discs or doesnt it really matter?

Ive never really pld around with brakes

i had brembo discs and EBC green put on on Sat and by god does it stop now.
Theres slight squeakage after a hard run when back down to low speeds but nothing i cant bear with.

MCS R56
ds2500's are great but do start to get annoying due to sqeeeeeealing. Really bad in traffic jams!

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
My EBC greenstuff pads vibrate like a b**ch and squeal loads, i did fit them though.