ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Which products

Black Dynamique 1.4 16v
hey ppl. i will be starting to prepare for FCS later this week and jus wanna seek some advice! I always use meg's gold class shampoo,so apart from that,wat else should i use? polish etc?? to get it sparkling! and really need some advice on what wheel cleaner to use on black wheels with a stainless steel lip,as ive been hesitant cos i dont want them to corrode etc! Any help!?

106 GTi
Autogylm Engine and Machine Cleaner will be safe on your wheels as its non acid based.

Wash
Clay
Scratch X
AG Super Resin Polish
AG Extra Gloss Protection x 2
Top with a pure Carnuba wax.

Clean wheels and arches with AG Engine and machine cleaner, polish and seal with AG SP and EGP. Dress tyres, clean glass, and treat trim, jobs a good un.

First of all are you using a wash mitt and waffle weave drying towel?These are essential in preventing further swirl marks.
What condition is your paint in?
Are there a lot of scratches and swirls etc.
Claying would also be a benefit with a good quick detailer ,removing all the contaminents like tree sap and road tar prior to polishing.
I would recommend something like chemical guys cherry wet wax which has mild cleaning agents which will lift minor defects.
Followed by M seal ,paint sealant and XXX Hardcore paste wax for an outstanding finish
With regards yours wheel you don ont wish to use an acid based wheel cleaner as this will corrode your wheels in time

RB 182
This is the process that David did on Alan's car recently using a PC:

Washed with Extreme body wash n wax
Clayed using chemical guys clay,with maxi suds and foam gun
Laser Buff Scratch and Swirl remover via pc
Cherry wet wax via pc
M seal paint sealant by hand
2 coats XXX Hardcore paste wax
Trim gel on trim and tires

All the products can be purchased from David (R9DCG) at www.carwashnwax.com

This was the result http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b338/davidg123/Picture509.jpg

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
benclelland said:
This is the process that David did on Alan's car recently using a PC:

Washed with Extreme body wash n wax
Clayed using chemical guys clay,with maxi suds and foam gun
Laser Buff Scratch and Swirl remover via pc
Cherry wet wax via pc
M seal paint sealant by hand
2 coats XXX Hardcore paste wax
Trim gel on trim and tires

All the products can be purchased from David (R9DCG) at www.carwashnwax.com

This was the result http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b338/davidg123/Picture509.jpg

Did David use the M seal paint sealant after the Cherry wet wax ? I thought you sealed before you waxed ??

Hi mate ,the cherry wet wax has some slight cleaning agents in it for removing slight defects etc so it can be used prior to sealing as long as you use a good wax after the sealant.
Alans car was not that bad so i used something that wasnt too abrasive after usinf the scratch and swirl remover ,it also got rid of any marring left by the pc

106 GTi
Working by Hand with Scratch X and a folded terry towel is you best option.

Work it in small areas, making sure you keep going till there is no residue to remove to ensure it has done it's job. Will be tiring and take multiple applications to sort it.

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
R9DCG said:
Hi mate ,the cherry wet wax has some slight cleaning agents in it for removing slight defects etc so it can be used prior to sealing as long as you use a good wax after the sealant.
Alans car was not that bad so i used something that wasnt too abrasive after usinf the scratch and swirl remover ,it also got rid of any marring left by the pc

Thanks for clearing that up David :) Looks like that will be in my next order .

Hondata'd EP3 Type R
Rich said:
Autogylm Engine and Machine Cleaner will be safe on your wheels as its non acid based.

Wash
Clay
Scratch X
AG Super Resin Polish

Clean wheels and arches with AG Engine and machine cleaner, polish and seal with AG SP and EGP. Dress tyres, clean glass, and treat trim, jobs a good un.

would you say no need for me to use NXT then if i have both SRP and a EGP?

Also think I can skip the Scratch X with mine?

so:

Wash with Gold Class
Clay
AG Super Resin Polish
Top with a pure Carnuba wax (P21)

At the moment Im doing the following:

Wash with Gold Class
Clay
AG Super Resin Polish
AG Extra Gloss Protection x 1
NXT x2
Top with a pure Carnuba wax (P21)

do you recomend skipping the NXT in favour of a second coat of EGP?

Sorry for all the Q's recently Rich, you must be sick of the site of me, If your at FCS I owe you a drink, if theres a bar ;) I'm o nthe Clio Stylers Stand. lol

106 GTi
NXT and EGP do the same thing.

If you use NXT over EGP the cleaners in it will remove some of the EGP.

EGP over NXT and it wont bond properly.

One or the other is the best way.

Black Dynamique 1.4 16v
Rich said:

Wash
Clay
Scratch X
AG Super Resin Polish

in this order yeah??

RB 182
^^^
Yes, if your cleaning with your wheels with something like AG Engine & Machine cleaner, do that before the paintwork so you clean that off the paintwork when washing.