ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Which RS Tuner?

Clio Trophy
Hi all

Looking at getting an RS Tuner but a bit boggled by which one to go for given all the options that are available!

I think I’d only need the 98 RON map, the diagnostic/code clearer function and possibly the ability to purchase a couple of future maps in the future.

Could anyone steer me in the right direction of which model I’ll need? (i.e. standard, pro, premium, etc and will I need any of the add-ons?)

Many thanks

http://www.fastchip.nl/index.php?op...&flypage=shop.flypage&product_id=18&Itemid=26

106GTI / NovaC20LET
Hi mate, if you only want it for the ron98 map and diagnostics then the entry level spec is all you need. I believe you can only buy the new style one from fastchips though so i'd keep an eye in the market place for a 2nd hand old style one, then buy a license and map from henk.

Clio Trophy
Thanks mate!

I've taken a look and it seems the entry level spec is around £167 (199 euros). This is on the assumption that the 'module' option is set to 'none' and the 'VIN' is 'Clio 2 xBxx' - hopefully this is what's needed for my Trophy!

I was going to look at getting one 2nd hand, but by the time you pay for the license transfer and the new map, I think you are looking at the new price anyway.

106GTI / NovaC20LET
Thanks mate!

I've taken a look and it seems the entry level spec is around £167 (199 euros). This is on the assumption that the 'module' option is set to 'none' and the 'VIN' is 'Clio 2 xBxx' - hopefully this is what's needed for my Trophy!

I was going to look at getting one 2nd hand, but by the time you pay for the license transfer and the new map, I think you are looking at the new price anyway.

It would work out cheaper 2nd hand if you get a old style one but your right about the new style ones by the time you bought the map etc would be about the same.

Another option would be to maybe see if a member local to you would be willing to lend you it to map your car providing you buy 2 licenses(1 to do your car then 1 to link it back to his) and a map. I'm sure that would work out cheaper, however it is a bit of a chew on, depends if your in a rush for it or mot.

172 cup
Yeah but what the new price doesn't show you is the extra PayPal fees and delivery chargers. I'm sure mine was about £190 ish all in. If you intend to sell it on again you normally get what you paid for the box back so won't matter which version you get.