ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Which silicone hose clamps?

RichValver

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 16v/172 daily
iv used all stainless steel mikailor clamps as they look alot better. Iv done a fitting guide and list of clamp sizes needed too if any help to you

Louis

I Park Like a C**t
ClioSport Club Member
Looking to fit some silicone hoses myself, @M.C.. did I read that you had some issues with the mikalor?

What did you go for in the end?

Louis

I Park Like a C**t
ClioSport Club Member
Use normal ones. I put the mikalor clamps on and I’m just about to swap them out.
Been recommended JCS Higrip. Just trying to work out the sizes I need now. Going off the sizes i've seen recommended by @RichValver they're the below:

Pack QTY: Pack of 4, Material Spec: W4 - Stainless Steel, Clip Size: 17-25mm (0X)
Pack QTY: Pack of 10, Material Spec: W4 - Stainless Steel, Clip Size: 25-35mm (1)
Pack QTY: Pack of 4, Material Spec: W4 - Stainless Steel, Clip Size: 35-50mm (2A)

But I will confirm.

M.C..

ClioSport Club Member
Looking to fit some silicone hoses myself, @M.C.. did I read that you had some issues with the mikalor?

What did you go for in the end?

yes I used Mikalor on all hoses and did a trackday atAnglesey, one pipe started leaking when on track as they were not clamping the hose correctly messed my day up so changed all the clamps when I got back to normal jubilee clips.

Louis

I Park Like a C**t
ClioSport Club Member

These. Used them on my Clio years ago.

We used them down Portsmouth Dockyard to secure ducking round a pontoon that spends half its time under water and they are still perfect.
Not wanting anything that will dig into the pipes over time. That's why the JCS HI-GRIP are perfect as they're stamped and have a smooth inner edge.

So I received my Silicone hoses and measured them all. The dimensions are as below:

Give or take, as they're obviously flexible.

So the below should be fine, with extras to err on the side of caution.

Pack QTY: Pack of 6, Material Spec: W4 - Stainless Steel, Clip Size: 17-25mm (0X)
Pack QTY: Pack of 10, Material Spec: W4 - Stainless Steel, Clip Size: 25-35mm (1)
Pack QTY: Pack of 6, Material Spec: W4 - Stainless Steel, Clip Size: 35-45mm

Last edited:

Pegasaurus Rex

Bon Jovi Officianado
ClioSport Club Member
Not wanting anything that will dig into the pipes over time. That's why the JCS HI-GRIP are perfect as they're stamped and have a smooth inner edge.

So I received my Silicone hoses and measured them all. The dimensions are as below:

Give or take, as they're obviously flexible.

So the below should be fine, with extras to err on the side of caution.

Pack QTY: Pack of 6, Material Spec: W4 - Stainless Steel, Clip Size: 17-25mm (0X)
Pack QTY: Pack of 6, Material Spec: W4 - Stainless Steel, Clip Size: 35-45mm

Cheers for this, I want to replace all my OE clamps as they are past it!