ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Which spacers? 1.2 with 172 alloys

1.2 Dynamique
Hi guys,

Feel as if the rear wheels sit too far in and could do with spacers..

It's lowered approx 40 mm on 172 alloys.

Can anyone reccomend what spacers I would need please?

Thanks

5mm is all that is really needed to fill them out, I had 13mm, which was a no-no once I went lower, and then 8mm, which with a full boot scrubbed the sides off the arches.

Some pics!

13mm rear with Eibach Sportlines:

Picture085.jpg

Picture083.jpg

AND

8mm spacers with Vmaxx Coilovers:

Picture121.jpg

Are the above wheels the same offset as the 172 alloys though? Because that'll affect how they sit out.
I've got FK automotive Hubcentric spacers. Highly recommend them. Not sure on size though, I had 15mm per side (rear) and 20mm per side (front). But that was with standard non sport alloys.

Are the above wheels the same offset as the 172 alloys though? Because that'll affect how they sit out.
I've got FK automotive Hubcentric spacers. Highly recommend them. Not sure on size though, I had 15mm per side (rear) and 20mm per side (front). But that was with standard non sport alloys.

Yes they are. :)
And FK for me too. ;)

Ah there you go then
Forgot to say mine was lowered on Coilovers. Didn't have much issues with rubbing. but again my wheels could've been a different offset so plummer's advice is best :)

1.2 Dynamique
I think 15mm would be okay? James, would you be able to put a pic up of your car so I can see how it sits?

Anyone got a link for which ones I need to buy and will I need to buy longer bolts aswell?

172/1.2/E30
If it is a ph2 172 wheel, you will need about 10-15mm spacers. non sport offset is 38ish, ph2 172 offset is 48.5.
Doubt that the Superturismo are ET 48.5, afaik they only came in 37ish!?

If it is a ph2 172 wheel, you will need about 10-15mm spacers. non sport offset is 38ish, ph2 172 offset is 48.5.
Doubt that the Superturismo are ET 48.5, afaik they only came in 37ish!?

10-15mm on the back with sport alloys is well too much!
Like James28 said he had non sport alloys, so they would have sat much further in to begin with.

I can assure you the offset on mine are the same, or very close, there's no way mine have a smaller offset than non-sport alloys.
And you've got your figures the wrong way around, a larger number means the wheels are tucked in more as Clio's are a positive offset. :eek:

172/1.2/E30
nah. RS have the bigger offset (wheels sits theoretically further in the arch) due to the axles being wider. standard ph1 172 alloy offset is 43.5 and ph2 172 48.5, that is guaranteed. non sports have lower offset numbers like 38ish. there are no 15/16" superturismos in 4x ish. or do you think i am way to stupid to read the numbers pressed in the alloys!?

DSC01338.jpg

That's how mine sat. You can see the spacer in the pic, its the really shiny bit.

I got mine direct from FK Automotive here. This is direct from Germany, but prices are great when you look at UK suppliers, and the delivery was less than a week.
http://www.fk-shop.de/en/Wheel-Spacers/Wheel-Spacers/

System A you need extended bolts. System B bolt to the hub and then your existing bolts screw into the spacer.
Smallest system B they do is 40mm (20mm each side)
So your best off with System A going by what others have said.

The extended bolts I got from Euro Performance I think it was, but you can get them from Demon Tweaks.

1.2 Dynamique
Okay thats cool, so i'm guessing 15mm each side..

Can you tell me which ones I need on that fk-shop as i'm a bit confused :S

also, will I definatly need the extended bolts? if so, could you link me to those aswell please..

would appreciate it!!

1.2 Dynamique
Okay thats cool, so i'm guessing 15mm each side..

Can you tell me which ones I need on that fk-shop as i'm a bit confused :S

also, will I definatly need the extended bolts? if so, could you link me to those aswell please..

would appreciate it!!

From FK (direct from Germany) (I think these are right anyway)
http://www.fk-shop.de/en/Wheel-Spac...A-fit-for-Renault-Clio-Typ-B-C57-3-Typ-R.html

From Venom (UK) You'd want 30mm System A ones.
http://www.venommotorsport.com/product_details.php?id=2727&manufacturer=FK&category=Wheel

As for extended wheel bolts. Yes you will definitely need them for 15mm spacers each side.
I can't remember what size I got. You just need to look at one of your standard bolts, measure the thread, and add 15mm to the length.

YOu can get them from here (Clio B ones you need):
http://www.europerformance.co.uk/pa...aultclio;manufacturer=grayston;sub_category=1

Or demontweeks:
http://www.demon-tweeks.co.uk/Motor...yre_Accessories/Grayston_Wheel_Bolt/1789/5277

306 GTI-6
nah. RS have the bigger offset (wheels sits theoretically further in the arch) due to the axles being wider. standard ph1 172 alloy offset is 43.5 and ph2 172 48.5, that is guaranteed. non sports have lower offset numbers like 38ish. there are no 15/16" superturismos in 4x ish. or do you think i am way to stupid to read the numbers pressed in the alloys!?

My 16" super Ts were et37, closest I could get to standard on my 1.6 dynamique