ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

which suspension kit?

Clio 1.2 8v (2002)
Hi. I have a 2002 1.2 8v clio and have put 17's on it. I got the advice that I could lower it 60mm no probs using the apex kit. Problem is I have seen the kit available on www.venommotorsport.com for a great price but it's not suitable for the 1.2 models. Just wondering if anyone has a lowered 1.2 and if so, where did you buy the kit from and for how much? And does anyone know how much it will cost to lower it once I get the kit. Any advice would be great. Cheers!

Mk2 Ph1 1.2 8v
its only the 52mm bolt spacing on the hubs that will mean these wont fit.

I THINK the 2002 model has a larger bolt spacing, so it should fit - this is normally the case if you have vented discs (and/or ABS).

Best thing to do is go take a front wheel off, you'll see the two bolts holding the strut onto the hub carrier - measure from the centre of one, to the centre of the other using a steel ruler or similar and if its 58mm, it should fit.

I think it was only mk2 ph1's that had a 52mm bolt spacing on some, mine included. I ended up buying a spax kit.

Mk2 Ph1 1.2 8v
ps. easy to fit yourself, takes literally less than two hours. Clio's have suspension thats seriously easy to work on imho.