ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Which TV/Broadband package?

mas

MK7 GTD & Mini GP
Just about to move in to my own place and need to get my TV/broadband sorted.

Interested to see which options people have, ideally I'd like sky (just for theF1) but I don't want to pay their prices, some of my mates have friends and family discount but unfortunately I don't know anyone at Sky!

My street also has cable so I've been looking at Virgin too, but again, their prices are a little high.

Last option was to go for something like YouView, looks decent but I won't be able to get F1 unless I buy the bolt on which ramps up the price.

Anyone got any recommendations or know of any good deals knocking around?

Cheers
Sam

Clio MK2 1.2 16v
Virgin have 9 months half price at the moment under a 18 month contract, but we've had 2/3 price increases since we joined in July. Their broadband is also a postcode lottery but we're happily getting 120Mbps with no problems.

mas

MK7 GTD & Mini GP
I'm located nearby to the exchange which is handy, I do fancy Virgin but I think Sky's tv service is better.

A mate of mine works at TalkTalk and he thinks that Youview is pretty decent, it's cheap too.

Clio MK2 1.2 16v
Virgin used to have the advantage over Sky with their catch-up and on demand but Sky has them too. You're better off looking at the channel lists that they offer and seeing which one is for you. You could also read reviews on the Tivo vs Sky's box as some say the Tivo box is slow but we have no bother with it.

2722633300.png

mas

MK7 GTD & Mini GP
Hi, ended up going for the TalkTalk option.

£10 a month + line rental.

£50 voucher online.

£40 cashback through quidco.

Winner.

If I find im missing sky sports etc, I can always add it as a bolt on I suppose.

Tesla MP3 2021
It's ADSL2+ so it's the same speed regardless of the provider... Unless he went cable with VM.

Cup In bits
Talk talk are absolutely useless in both customer service and general service, I would walk now during your grace period. There prices also attracted us and after 2 years I wish we hadn't for the small saving.

mas

MK7 GTD & Mini GP
I have a few mates who would in customer service there, so that shouldn't be an issue. My house is only a stones throw from the exchange, so regardless of who I opt to go with, the speeds should be pretty consistent.

FIngers crossed.

Talk talk full package for me was 24.99 per month for 6 months then 30.99 ,got a free youview box ,includes anytime calls..0845 numbers ...

E92 325D
Ive had no quibbles with TalkTalk as of yet. Ok the speeds arent amazing, certainly not like the 123mb download in the pic above but it streams hd films etc without any problems.

Only issue i have is the aerial just isnt man enough to provide a decent picture in all channels, even with a booster.