ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

which tyres to get? f1 or avs???

Audi TT 225 Quattro
i going to buy a new set of tyres for the hybrid (mk1 2.0l16v with widetrack) and would like some opinions on these two, goodyear eagle f1 gsd3 and yokohama avs sport. i got 3 f1's on at the moment and 1 toyo and am very impressed with the f1's which is why i have them on the list, never had a set of avs tyres before tho and have always want to try a set ( can't be to bad as they come std on aston martins ). any one ever had/got a set what they like or should i just buy the f1's? size will be 195/50/15.

Leon Cupra R 225
Yoz are toyo's shite in your opinion? was thinking about getting some proxes but not for a 172/182 etc

Lionel Richie
we run T1S on the demo car and they're good (especially at £35 each!)

i've tried T1R's on a 172, slipery is the word i'd use! (and thats in the dry!)

FredYozzasport said:
we run T1S on the demo car and they're good (especially at £35 each!)

i've tried T1R's on a 172, slipery is the word i'd use! (and thats in the dry!)

yikes! funny how they're the best tyre on 1 car yet crap on another eh?

GSD2's or 3's in your opinion Yoz?

Cheers

Lionel Richie
i was comparing to goodyear, we run toyo for economy as we destroy the front every outing

we only run them if its looking like rain, plus the car is track only, we normally run Michelin Pilot Sport cups if its dry

toyo's everytime.

from cossie to evo to clio, every day all day pick the toyo's many others do as well.

the eagles I found were frankly shite and I had a very bad experience with them on more than 1 car.

After bad experiences with all the other brands pirelli, yoko, conti, goodyear etc etc only toyo's give me confidence. All the family run them now as well and all agree.

The fact they are a cracking price helps this as well.

Fiat Coupe 20v turbo
I've used t1-s and t1-r Proxes for years as I get them for a good price...do the job imo even on track they are ok.