ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

which wheels ? help

hi guys appreciate your help on which wheels to get for my 172 mk2 defo going to get 17 inch wheels just really for the better overall looks it will give i do realise the down falls etc etc any way which one? please dont comment and say non lol cheers

Attachments

• jordon r.jpg
    jordon r.jpg
    10.1 KB · Views: 170
  • XL300.jpg
    XL300.jpg
    10.8 KB · Views: 29
the first wheels are xl300 boss and are in hyper black but dont know how they would look against a iceburg colour the jordan r's do look very tasty indeed

Breaking A 172 Replica
Top ones for sure.

They are slightly more subtle and the clio isn't a hard looking car.

Deffo top ones

Sam

2002 Clio Sport 172
If I had the choice I would go for Velox, Buddy, Kei, OZ, or Enkei. All offer lightweight rigidity in 17's. But if none of the aforementioned, then definitely the Wolfrace.

cheers for that mate i do like the wolfrace and i can get them cheaper than the other 2...i will look into the other ones though..any other comments or has anyone got the wolfrace on their car

hi guys appreciate your help on which wheels to get for my 172 mk2 defo going to get 17 inch wheels just really for the better overall looks it will give i do realise the down falls etc etc any way which one? please dont comment and say non lol cheers

defo the top ones ....wrapped in low profiles ...mmmmmh

cheers buddy i really dont know which ones to get the xl300 i cant get for 496 delivered the second ones are 535 plus delivery and the wolfrace i can get for 399 plus delivery mmmmmmmmmmmm

cheers mate for that i would love turini mate but they are too expensive for seventeens!!! looks like maybe the boss are a winner but are they worth 100 extra in money..... hmmmm

i know mate but i dont really want to be riding around at 1000mph want something that looks the business but i still safe for overtaking he he

Sy

Pajero 3.8 V6
17's don't ruin the ride that much, if at all. I prefer them to the 16's I am running on at moment while I refurb the others. I dont hink I have actually noticed a difference in ride quality. It hink its a myth lol

Breaking A 172 Replica
^^^ the difference is certainly noticeable.

It makes the ride feel hard, it handles much worse, feels snappy, tramlines, makes the driver paranoid of potholes, look s**t as they look as though they belong on a massey not a renault and for good tyres you are looking at 100 quid a piece plus!

Apart from that I whole heartedly recommend 17s...

Sam

Sy

Pajero 3.8 V6
Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm well I like them, and on my car, mine is the only opinion that counts lol

Breaking A 172 Replica
Yeah of course - your car your opinion. Aslong as you are sure you aren't forgetting what 15s/16s felt like?

Sam

Sy

Pajero 3.8 V6
I still got 16's on 17s are poorly lol (not my doing). It the 17's when I bought it. I like them at least they are 17 F1's nothing chavvy just bigger than standard. Plus not seen them on any other clio rs so its diferent.

hi guys have made my decision and ordered my wolfrace wheels having seen them in the flesh and on the clio the picture does not do them justice and for over 100 less he he will get some pics up when cheers guys for your help

Breaking A 172 Replica
Ok good stuff get some pics up.

Hey skindeep very nice massey - I must admit if I were to go for 17s it would be OZs of some description! anything looks better than turinis! I hate mine!

Sam

Sy

Pajero 3.8 V6
Ok good stuff get some pics up.

Hey skindeep very nice massey - I must admit if I were to go for 17s it would be OZs of some description! anything looks better than turinis! I hate mine!

Sam

Not all 17's look bad. But some people think you lose handling etc etc etc etc etc, but would you honesty notice on todays roads? I doubt it. As for turinis........ don't get me started!!!!

Sy