ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

whining noise when turning wheel while stood still and driving any ideas????

clio sport 172
172 02 clio, whining noise when stood still whilst turning the wheel and when im driving in 1st 2nd and now n then in 3rd gear. any ideas anyone??:D also looks like i have got a slight oil leak, been underneath looks like its coming from gearbox area cant see were its actually coming from??:dapprove:

Fiesta RS Turbo & Pug 206
for me no, its been like it for over 2 years now , unless the pwer steering pump fails e.g it becomes hard to turn the wheel when parked then do not worry , even if it does fail u can still drive it to wear u want to go - unless the belt snaps then ya fooked , but dont let that worry ya , lol

Ben

clio sport 172
cheers ben thats a releif to no, i just get paranoid about noises like that thinking something going to break!! lol

Jono

tiTTy & SV650
whining sounds like power steering, does it sound like a BMW Mini? :rasp:

Alternatively if its more a knock than a whine it could be a driveshaft boot that's split and running dry and if you're seeing oil it's likely to be passenger side, if the oil is melted grease then it could be drivers side too.

clio sport 172
yeah sounds like its supercharged!!! just had driveshaft boots resealed and greased for its mot last month its not them! it looks like its coming from gearbox area?

BG-182
Hi, I have a similar problem where I turn the wheel when engine is cold and I have to pull out of my parkin spot at home, I normally have to put full lock on - I get a creaking noise. Nothing to worry about I hope?

R