ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

whinning steering

Clio 1.4 16v
im not a mechanic and dont know anything about cars.

my car seems to whine in a straight line, not so bad at 60, but from around 30 to say 50 its whinning. now i, guessing the discs are warped, am i correct or completly wrong? :lolup:

Clio 1.4 16v
also i forgot to add, i noticed a leak underneath where it had been parked. could this be the power steering fluid?

it does not seem to of got any harder to turn. is this bad or just a smiple repair and top up, if thats the problem?

and do clios always have things wrong with them, tehehe

clio 182
I had the same thing happen with my Megane. It was under warranty, I think theyt replaced the power steering pump or something! Exactly the same symptoms though...

lemonnobby

ClioSport Club Member
what reg is your clio? Is it a mk2 ph2 if so these have electronic power steering. possible wheel bearing gone mate.

lemonnobby

ClioSport Club Member
03 plates have electric power steering normally if theres a fault with it the light will come on on the dash. checked your tyre pressures? could also be tyre related.

M135i
look the the fluid from under the car, if it seems quite 'clean' looking, its most probably power steering fluid. check the level in your power steering fluid reservoir under the bonnet.

EDIT: assuming you have hydraulic power steering

Clio 1.4 16v
am i being thick. with the electric steering. does it still have power steering fluid, i looked in the haynes manual to see where it was and it werent where it said it was...so do they use fluid?

am i being thick. with the electric steering. does it still have power steering fluid, i looked in the haynes manual to see where it was and it werent where it said it was...so do they use fluid?

Nope all electric racks don't use fluid.

Bearings sond the most likly problem.