ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Whistling and sqeaking noise from front wheel!?!

Clio 172
Whilst driving, once the car has warmed up, I have noticed a whistling and sqeaking noise coming from my front left wheel. The noise only occurs when I steer slightly to the left, and when I barke and accelerate the noise goes away!? Does anybody have any ideas what this could be or has anyone had similar problems. Cheers :cool:

Clio 172
My rear wheel bearing went on my old clio and it sounded much deeper like a droaning noise, would the front wheel not be a similar noise Alan?

BMW M3
Hmm sounds like a mouse nest in your wheel arch. Stick a trap or two on your wheel at night. Bit of cheese normally does the trick...

Clio 172
Ha good one :rasp: , I wish i was mice atleast then i'd know what the problem was!

Tried just turning up the radio to blur the noise out but I know its still there and really just wish I could get it fixed! No ideas then folks?

2003 Clio 172 cup
if it goes away when u brake i had the same problem on my punto, cant remember exactly its a couple of years back but was my pads i think! i hadnt given them time to bed in and fukd them

Clio 172
Cheers Craig ,so do you think a new set of pads will sort the problem? Whats a cv boot by the way?