ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

whistling exhaust?

hello people i have recently purchased a 182 and there is a slight whistling sound coming from exhaust, is this normal?
thanx hisgrove

DCi
probably blowing somewhere, mine did it and there was a crack in the cat pipe. youll need to get under the car and find out if it is actually blowing somewhere I guess

Up rocks
Checked mine all over and no leaks at all, I've given up with it tbh. Just one of them things.

Mine does this too on my Cup, one of my friends said that if i had an aftermarket exhaust, it would go away because the standard renault exhaust is quite restrictive and it needs a bigger bore free flowing exhaust.... Not sure if thats rubbish or not tho....

Up rocks
Mine does this too on my Cup, one of my friends said that if i had an aftermarket exhaust, it would go away because the standard renault exhaust is quite restrictive and it needs a bigger bore free flowing exhaust.... Not sure if thats rubbish or not tho....

An aftermarket exhaust will drown out the whistle probably, i think the actual standard bore is ok for standard power, but the CAT and silencers are probably a little restrictive.

cheers people, i dont think it has a crack anywhere cos its been checked over by ren and its an 06 but the emission light flashes from time to time and it seems to use up petrol quite quickly, well i think it does cos i have only had the car about 3 weeks not sure what the fuel consumption is like on these cars