ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Whistling noise

Hi All,

I can hear a slight whistling noise - a constant shhhhhhhh noise when driving. It almost sounds like rushing air tbh however it goes away when I depress the clutch. I can't hear it at all when you first start it up but after a mile or so it's there

It's only a faint noise definitely coming from the engine bay. Could it just be the air filter?

Any ideas?

08 197 only done 12,000 miles so can't be the clutch surely?

cliosport 197
Hi All,

I can hear a slight whistling noise - a constant shhhhhhhh noise when driving. It almost sounds like rushing air tbh however it goes away when I depress the clutch. I can't hear it at all when you first start it up but after a mile or so it's there

It's only a faint noise definitely coming from the engine bay. Could it just be the air filter?

Any ideas?

08 197 only done 12,000 miles so can't be the clutch surely?
old thread, ever find out what it was?

VenomUK

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
The faster I go the more whistle I get and sounds like it's coming through the vents. I just put it down to old french car... Not sure I tried putting the clutch in and see if it goes away but I doubt it

VenomUK

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
:LOL: You get blasted for reviving old threads and you get blasted for not using the search function. Then people wonder why forums are dying...