ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

White 1.2 TCE World Series Project

OK guys, so here is the car as it is:

93XLzEE.jpg

M4KgLEs.jpg

YbXbEpz.jpg

RsSPBNN.jpg

I didn't want to do too much too it because I wasn't sure on how long I was keeping it. But it's for another year now. SO, I need some help with modifications for the car as I HAVE NO IDEA WHERE TO START. I'm going to get a list together and spend a fair bit of money on making it look nicer and even add some performance.

Any suggestions, links, contacts, other users etc. would be great!

Thanks!

Current list:
  • Wheel Refurb - The wheels are 17" OZ Ultraleggeras
  • Wheel Respray - They're silver atm, would black be nicer?
  • HID Lights/Bulbs - Whats best to go for?
  • Clio GT Rear Bumper - If I can pick one up from breaking cheap, this would be great.
  • Clio GT Exhaust - To match the bumper, as the current bumper is a fake exhaust World Series one.
  • Remap - Suggested garages? K-TEC?
  • Better air filter? - K&N?
  • Wind Deflectors - Hiko?
  • New Mats

Will keep adding with my own and your suggestions.

Thanks.

GRitch

ClioSport Club Member
  Polo BlueGT
Current list:
  • Wheel Refurb - The wheels are 17" OZ Ultraleggeras
  • Wheel Respray - They're silver atm, would black be nicer?
  • HID Lights/Bulbs - Whats best to go for?
  • Clio GT Rear Bumper - If I can pick one up from breaking cheap, this would be great.
  • Clio GT Exhaust - To match the bumper, as the current bumper is a fake exhaust World Series one.
  • Remap - Suggested garages? K-TEC?
  • Better air filter? - K&N?
  • Wind Deflectors - Hiko?
  • New Mats

Will keep adding with my own and your suggestions.

Thanks.
Personally i wouldn't go for HID's i would just change to an "ultra H7" type bulb, not sure if there is better out there. Used them on my MK2 and they were brilliant. I think the wheels might be nice in anthracite, i wouldn't go with black, they might look lost on it? Agree with the bumper changes and exhaust, if you're only keeping it another year though, is it worth it? Not sure about a remap, sure others will be along to recommend other mappers. Have a look through various threads, i think there are cheaper options than buying a full induction kit, is it just an air filter replacement that you want? Wind deflectors, Heko have my money.

Again, this is all in my opinion. Sure others will be along to help out.

Edit: looks good as it is, a little bit lower would be good, try eurocarparts, they will have a spring kit for the car.

Personally i wouldn't go for HID's i would just change to an "ultra H7" type bulb, not sure if there is better out there. Used them on my MK2 and they were brilliant. I think the wheels might be nice in anthracite, i wouldn't go with black, they might look lost on it? Agree with the bumper changes and exhaust, if you're only keeping it another year though, is it worth it? Not sure about a remap, sure others will be along to recommend other mappers. Have a look through various threads, i think there are cheaper options than buying a full induction kit, is it just an air filter replacement that you want? Wind deflectors, Heko have my money.

Again, this is all in my opinion. Sure others will be along to help out.

Edit: looks good as it is, a little bit lower would be good, try eurocarparts, they will have a spring kit for the car.

First off, thank you for the feedback! I just looked at the bulbs and for the price I can not complain! Regarding the wheels, I think you're right. I also think in black, when the cars moving it doesn't look as nice as silver. And hmmm, im not sure. I seen a lad pick a bumber up for and exhause for like 300 in total, including fitting, which is not too bad. Going to buy some wind deflectors, they are a nice edition.

I deffo want to get it lowered soon!

Dom_capper

ClioSport Club Member
  2012 Renault Clio
If you wan't it low, you will never be happy with the drop on springs. Myself and a few other users @JP83 ? have got AP coilovers on, They are £415 but you can go as low as you like and the handling improves no end.

It's hard to tell from the photos but it looks like your headlights are standard 'reflector' lenses and not projectors. you would need to spend around £150 for projector lights before you could use a HID kit as you would blind everyone who ever drove in the opposite direction to you. As GRitch said, just get some performance H7 Bulbs and some LED sidelights. I have Osram night breaker unlimited and they are great! much brighter and a much better colour than OEM. As for sidelights, stay away from cheap ebay ones as they will start flashing after a while, I think i have some phillips in mine and they compliment the headlight perfectly. Phillips silver visions will also get rid of the orange in your lights to clean it up a bit and are cheap.

I think anthrashite is also a good shout for the wheels. Any maybe ditch the Toyos for some premium rubber when they are worn, this will transform the car's handling also.

Other little bits you could do are plastidip your badges and the silver strip above your bumper in black, just to clean it up again.

+1 for Hekos!

An Air filter won't improve performance but will give you a bit of noise, have a search for 'fatty induction kit' on here. It's much cheaper than a K&N 57i set. just be wary your throttle body will probably be a different size.

Dom.

If you wan't it low, you will never be happy with the drop on springs. Myself and a few other users @JP83 ? have got AP coilovers on, They are £415 but you can go as low as you like and the handling improves no end.

It's hard to tell from the photos but it looks like your headlights are standard 'reflector' lenses and not projectors. you would need to spend around £150 for projector lights before you could use a HID kit as you would blind everyone who ever drove in the opposite direction to you. As GRitch said, just get some performance H7 Bulbs and some LED sidelights. I have Osram night breaker unlimited and they are great! much brighter and a much better colour than OEM. As for sidelights, stay away from cheap ebay ones as they will start flashing after a while, I think i have some phillips in mine and they compliment the headlight perfectly. Phillips silver visions will also get rid of the orange in your lights to clean it up a bit and are cheap.

I think anthrashite is also a good shout for the wheels. Any maybe ditch the Toyos for some premium rubber when they are worn, this will transform the car's handling also.

Other little bits you could do are plastidip your badges and the silver strip above your bumper in black, just to clean it up again.

+1 for Hekos!

An Air filter won't improve performance but will give you a bit of noise, have a search for 'fatty induction kit' on here. It's much cheaper than a K&N 57i set. just be wary your throttle body will probably be a different size.

Dom.

Great stuff Dom thanks for the information. Lowering it for £400 is a bit too much I think, so maybe I will pass on that. But thanks again for the bulb information, and Hikos are going to be purchased today. These Toyos have plenty left on them so no rush in changing them, but I will do in the future to a better brand. Ill search for the induction kit.

Thanks again Dom!

GRitch

ClioSport Club Member
  Polo BlueGT
Great stuff Dom thanks for the information. Lowering it for £400 is a bit too much I think, so maybe I will pass on that. But thanks again for the bulb information, and Hikos are going to be purchased today. These Toyos have plenty left on them so no rush in changing them, but I will do in the future to a better brand. Ill search for the induction kit.

Thanks again Dom!
There is surely someone on this forum that has dropped it using springs? Made a massive difference on my mk3. Hopefully someone will pop in and show you images on just springs.

Tyre's are down to personal preference, it's not the quickest so doesn't nee the stickiest tyres in the world. If i was you and i could justify having a £300 bumper, i'd rather justify the coilovers.

I loved them on my MK2. I actually really like your car, the more i look the more it grows on me. Try and take the exhaust trim off and see if it's better without. Other than a slight drop, deflectors, new bulbs and a colour change on the alloys, i wouldn't change it much. you're not going to get much more power out of it, i'd save your money for your next car or for tyres/mot's services etc. Again, it's all in my opinion.

There is surely someone on this forum that has dropped it using springs? Made a massive difference on my mk3. Hopefully someone will pop in and show you images on just springs.

Tyre's are down to personal preference, it's not the quickest so doesn't nee the stickiest tyres in the world. If i was you and i could justify having a £300 bumper, i'd rather justify the coilovers.

I loved them on my MK2. I actually really like your car, the more i look the more it grows on me. Try and take the exhaust trim off and see if it's better without. Other than a slight drop, deflectors, new bulbs and a colour change on the alloys, i wouldn't change it much. you're not going to get much more power out of it, i'd save your money for your next car or for tyres/mot's services etc. Again, it's all in my opinion.

You have a good point about lowering haha. Yeah I've seen a few nice ones on here. And thank you! I'm detailing it soon and I'll take some pictures after that during the day for you! :smile:

I don't know about taking the exhaust trim off because it does kind of make it unique. I have a picture somewhere without it. If I can find it I'll post it.

clio mk3 facelift
I have a Clio mk3, I don't have any photos, but you probably won't notice the on springs to coilovers, the Clio standard has a massive arch gap, I have 70mm ap racing coilovers, wound down fully on the front and the back never got low enough so I use 110mm corsa B lowering springs for the back

Mavez

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio & No Megane
Decent panel filter, better flowing custom cat back exhaust system, larger intercooler (if you can be arsed measuring the piping as I doubt there are any kits about) then get yourself across to RS Tuning in Leeds for 172 injectors and a remap for 130-140bhp.

Decent panel filter, better flowing custom cat back exhaust system, larger intercooler (if you can be arsed measuring the piping as I doubt there are any kits about) then get yourself across to RS Tuning in Leeds for 172 injectors and a remap for 130-140bhp.
Leeds? Wicked never knew. Just graduated from Leeds! Only live 40 mins away now.

Clio World Series
That needs lowering soooooo bad mate :/ mine is the same they look horrendous with the big arch gap looking at lowering it and a remap myself
But the car is looking good!

That needs lowering soooooo bad mate :/ mine is the same they look horrendous with the big arch gap looking at lowering it and a remap myself
But the car is looking good!
Yeah I recently had new springs put on the front. I will get round to lowering it sometime, it would look 1x better at a lower stance! Any pics of yours? :)

Ok so a few updates for those interested! :)

My car is going to garage on Monday, there is a knocking noise coming from the front. Sounds like steering column tbh :/ So gonna get that sorted.
Oh also the air con isn't working must be a gap so going to get that sorted too. Nothing major should be an easy fix.

Then on thursday dropping my car off at AWR in Bury for refurbs and respray on all four wheels. £60 a wheel, but friend said hes top notch. Decided to keep them silver to match the silver bullets on the doors and the silver on the bumper etc.

Ordered a few bits and bobs online: Heko wind deflectors, OZ centre caps for my ultraleggeras as one is missing. And some are peeling. Shame because they are Renault F1 caps! :( And some new OZ dust caps, thought why not :p

Once this lot is done, I am going to paint the callipers and drums black to make them look clean again! Then hopefully up to Leeds for a remap and 197 injectors as @Mavez said!

Clio World Series
Yeah I recently had new springs put on the front. I will get round to lowering it sometime, it would look 1x better at a lower stance! Any pics of yours? :smile:
i lowered mine 30mm on springs all around and it is no where near enough it was a waste of money, saving for coilovers now and hopefully get a new splitter as my last one smashed on a curb :( i think the back of our cars look so high its annoying :( ive only got 1 picture of it as i lost all my picture when i had a new phone :/

Attachments

• clio.jpg
    clio.jpg
    148.2 KB · Views: 313
  2007 clio dynamique
i lowered mine 30mm on springs all around and it is no where near enough it was a waste of money, saving for coilovers now and hopefully get a new splitter as my last one smashed on a curb :( i think the back of our cars look so high its annoying :( ive only got 1 picture of it as i lost all my picture when i had a new phone :/
My mk3 was much lower than that with 30mm springs

Sent from my SM-J500FN using Tapatalk

Clio World Series
My mk3 was much lower than that with 30mm springs

Sent from my SM-J500FN using Tapatalk
Fair enough depends what springs you had I guess? I dunno much bout them tbf but I thought 30mm was 30mm so I don't see how it was 'much' lower but in all fairness mine were cheap ones

2007 clio dynamique
Fair enough depends what springs you had I guess? I dunno much bout them tbf but I thought 30mm was 30mm so I don't see how it was 'much' lower but in all fairness mine were cheap ones
I will try and dig out a picture and post it up , yep 30mm should be 30mm but it looked alot lower

Clio 197
I have a Clio mk3, I don't have any photos, but you probably won't notice the on springs to coilovers, the Clio standard has a massive arch gap, I have 70mm ap racing coilovers, wound down fully on the front and the back never got low enough so I use 110mm corsa B lowering springs for the back
70mm on the front? Hows the rest of your suspension/driveshafts coping?

Renault Clio
OK guys, so here is the car as it is:

View attachment 1288236

View attachment 1288237

View attachment 1288238

View attachment 1288239

I didn't want to do too much too it because I wasn't sure on how long I was keeping it. But it's for another year now. SO, I need some help with modifications for the car as I HAVE NO IDEA WHERE TO START. I'm going to get a list together and spend a fair bit of money on making it look nicer and even add some performance.

Any suggestions, links, contacts, other users etc. would be great!

Thanks!
Where did you get the front splitters from mate?