ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

White Mk1 track car

robmuns

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph1 172
I'm sure many will recognise this car (Chris from beaniesports old car) , it came up for sale very local and me and my mate have always wanted a Mk1 so decided to go halves on the project.

Brought as a shell without an engine, fuel tank or seats and going to put all the spare parts we have laying about from messing around with mk2 clios to hopefully get this going in the next few months and take to some shows and do some track days in it.

Brief spec;

Valver shell resprayed white
Full weld in cage
Carbon roof
Fiberglass doors, bonnet, boot lid
Stack dash
Leda remote res coilovers/rear shocks
Manual quick rack
Sabelt wheel

Plans for the car..

Fit my recaro pole positions
Fit an old ph1 engine I had (hopefully go group N timing and get around 180bhp with matched inlets ect.)
Cup gearbox with gripper diff
Alloy fuel tank with swirl pot (something I was going to fit to my mk2 but can go in this for now)
Adaptronic ecu with custom loom

So yeah should make a fun little track car when finished and I want to do the wiring loom and as much off the mapping myself as its something I've always wanted to learn and done quite a few online courses from high performance academy (highly recommend if you want to learn that sort of stuff) so keen to put that into practice and learn on a cheaper engine/ less complicated build before I build my megane engined mk2.

received_337638983561122.jpeg
received_337078560214689.jpeg
received_424372265043574.jpeg

Trail fitted the recaro seat on rails to get the seating position further back (we're both over 6")
IMG_20190505_124005.jpg

Not many photos yet as we've just got it to the unit but should start progressing in the next few weeks hopefully!

Twingo 1??

ClioSport Club Member
  Twingo 133 Cup,
Looks nice! I love a MK1 and used to own a 1.8 rsi it was great fun and used to embarrass more expensive machines.
1366992503607.jpg

neil a

ClioSport Club Member
Looks very clean , an ideal start to a project.

Did the shell come with the dash top ? I noticed on FB when Chris had parts up that it had a Sadev gear display .

robmuns

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph1 172
Looks very clean , an ideal start to a project.

Did the shell come with the dash top ? I noticed on FB when Chris had parts up that it had a Sadev gear display .
Yeah it's a perfect start.. Needs fully going over as it's not done much in about 10 years and the underside needs undersealing but it's a very solid shell!

Yes we brought the car with everything except the seats.. If you want the sadev gear display PM me as we obviously won't be needing that anymore!

Chambers_RS

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172 Cup&Leon K1
Very jealous. Chris is a good mate of mine and you have one lovely mk1.

I always said to him if he ever did sell up I’d have it but as I recently got my storm mk2 shell couldn’t swap again ?

Glad it’s gone to someone who will bring it back to life.

Nafoff

ClioSport Club Member
As others have echoed. Chris was a good mate, 1. I can't believe he built it and hardly used it, 2. I can't believe he sold it... but 3. I am glad it has gone to a good home. Such a good build with the attention to detail....

Enjoy

robmuns

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph1 172
Wow can't belive we've had this over a year! Not a great deal has happened unfortunately! just haven't had the time but we've stripped all the underseal from the underneath and there are a few little patches to sort out but nothing major!

Got a 172 engine in and bolted up, couldn't get the bonnet to fit with a standard inlet which resulted in getting a SM inlet and some 197 cams and arp rod bolts.. Hopefully get near to 200bhp with megane injectors and running off the adaptronic ecu as the actual engine were going to use is coming out of my blue ph1 which is a very strong engine!

Also totally stripped it now so the dash board has gone and we've brought a race technology 2 dash which will interface with the ecu with minimal wiring.

Will also most likely get carried away and get a PDM for it to really cut down on the wiring.

Cars going into our new unit next weekend so progress should pick up abit in the next few months, but will most likely end up getting finished over the winter ready for some track days next year!

IMG_20200510_103349.jpg
IMG_20200510_103722.jpg
IMG_20200510_112606.jpg