ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

White on my oil cap

Clio & Mini
Hello there, sorry if there is already a thread, but i am little worried as a found white on my oil cap and was wondering if anyone could help me solve the problem. Do you think that the head gasket is at fault?

My car is a Clio Campus 1.2 16v it was made in 2007 and has pretty low mileage at only 27,000 and is fully seviced every year.

Any help will be appreciated, thanks.

Mk5 golf gti
if its really thick and mayo like then thats normally HGF

if its just a bit of white its usually just condensation

Clio & Mini
o right well its not to bad like and after a s**t winter and bad weather over the last few days, hopefully its condersation, i have wiped it and topped the oil up a little so i will see how it gos, thanks ;)

Check the dipstick if there is mayo on that get worried if not it will be fine.

Do you do a lot of short journeys? As above probably just condensation.

Listerine & Poledo
clean the cap and go for a good, long drive.

If it comes back, could well be a head gasket. If not, most likely just condensation. Short trips wont help

Clio & Mini
Nar the dipstick just has oil on it, the levels fine etc, but i do, do a lot of three to seven mile journeys

TheEvilGiraffe

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
Well if the last 500 miles have been in 3 mile intervals, that'll be your problem. It's not just going to evaporate the first time you hit 60mph haha

Clio & Mini
Well i have cleaned the cap and put fresh oil in it so i will give it a motorway blast and see what happens, thanks you all, for your help

Listerine & Poledo
Good luck.
Haven't heard of many head gasket failures on here, you haven't done an engine swap for a K-series have you

:)