ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Whiteline Anti-roll bar

Tunst

ClioSport Club Member
  Focus ST225, Focus E
Are these actually worth the money? im tempted by one...

Lotus Elise
Take it you mean here....http://www.stealthsport.co.uk/index.php/

But I can't find any items in the shop and says it's under construction. Where did you find it?

I was advertised on cliotrophy.co.uk £130 inc p&p. cant wait to get it on and see what its like, heard a lot good review. With the front dampers stiffened on the T the back feels more wobbly so hopefully it will balance it up a bit and give me more lateral grip.

Only a theory at the moment but will try it out soon enough.

aucky

ClioSport Club Member
Are these actually worth the money? im tempted by one...

I went for a drive yesturday.. so heres my verdict:

Its...AWESOME!
It just so point-and-go!
On the really tight (say, 40-50mph bends) its just hold on and on and on, its like a train on rails.
I can feel there is more lateral sheer force acting on the rear tyres, but not enough for them to let go. On a track situation.. I guess it would be more prone to lift off oversteer, but its nothing scary and its still progressive enough. Its not as progressive as standard (all the weight on the front slowly moving into slight understeer) but I'd say the overall grip and handling has improved.
Would I recommend? Yes.
IMG00113-20101030-1310.jpg

Lotus Elise
Matt Wills AKA Stealthsport is selling the one off his Trophy.

It was sold to me as new. It was ordered for a customer who didn't want it for some reason.

guess we will find out when I get it :D

Lotus Elise
WOW

I fitted the roll bar last night and what a difference. The back end feels much stiffer and better tidied down. With the front damping adjusted the back end has more grip and feels fantastic but is easily adjustable on the throttle when the front starts to let go. A simple little lift will have the back end coming round and pointing the nose back into the corner.

I will try and get some pictures up later.

Chris205

ClioSport Club Member
  Many Things
Good to hear these are fixing the trophy's twitchy rear. Means I will just go for the mark fish set up and whiteline ARB

I had the fixed whiteline ARB on my ph1 and it really glue'd the back end to the floor, loved it and think it will be one of the best, most confidence inspiring mod for the trophy

Lionel Richie
and i can confirm mr spank-it knows what's he's doing behind the wheel too!

Makes me smile that i tested these for a magazine about 3-4years ago and raved about them and no one was interested, funny how things change! haha :D

Chris205

ClioSport Club Member
  Many Things
I got mine over a year ago and cant believe not many had bought one before, awesome things

Clio Sport 172 Ph2
These sound good, do they just fit Trophys? if not can just use them on normal sus set ups? Im guessing the difference with/without is great, right?

R26
I ordered one today :)

I assume they are better than polybushing all around as that was my other option :s

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
I fitted my custom one from the group buy the other week.

Really improve the handling, easy(er) to get a bit too much oversteer in the wet/mud though!

Chris205

ClioSport Club Member
  Many Things
I fitted my custom one from the group buy the other week.

Really improve the handling, easy(er) to get a bit too much oversteer in the wet/mud though!
Not really the sort of conditions I would be attempting stuff, atleast not on the public roads anyway

PH1
Right, I'm well aware I'm running the risk of looking stupid here:S, as I already have an ARB fitted, but I need to ask.
How do these improve the cars handling?
They are only mounted to the beam so how do they have any affect?
Shouldn't they be fixed to the body to help reduce roll, or does it reduce any "flex" found in the beam?
If its flex would it not be easier/cheaper to stiffen the original beam?
What am I missing?
Cheers
Col

172 ph1
Right, I'm well aware I'm running the risk of looking stupid here:S, as I already have an ARB fitted, but I need to ask.
How do these improve the cars handling?
They are only mounted to the beam so how do they have any affect?
Shouldn't they be fixed to the body to help reduce roll, or does it reduce any "flex" found in the beam?
If its flex would it not be easier/cheaper to stiffen the original beam?
What am I missing?
Cheers
Col
It basically stiffens up the rear beam, increases rear roll resistance, so you should have more oversteer / less understeer under steady state cornering

PH1
It basically stiffens up the rear beam[/QUOTE
Bloody expensive if thats all it does:eek:
There must be a cheaper way to brace up the beam?
Is there any hard data to support the improvements, I hope its not a placebo;)
Col

Lotus Elise
Is there any hard data to support the improvements, I hope its not a placebo
Col

Hard data? If you are talking about lap times with and without than this is something I am planning in the summer also testing a few other common tweaks for clio sports.

However I can promise you it is not a placebo effect. They is a genuine improvement with this roll bar fitted making the attitude of the car more adjustable with the throttle and more lateral grip at the rear end. The next step is more front camber and slowly working from that.

i can vouch for the product that there is an immidiate improvement as soon as you get in an start driving about, the whole car feels so much more tought and sharper, when you take a corner you can feel the back end grip in hard and hold onto the tarmac! cant wait to polybush the whole front end now and have a full geo setup on the suspension! :D

Last edited: