ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Whiteline ARB fitting

Greeny.

ClioSport Club Member
  440i + 182
Not had a proper look over this yet but are these hard to fit without the car being on ramps?

RenaultSport clio 172 mk2
Easy mate, but do be careful when putting the u-bolts around the axle as there is some cabling attached to the top of it that you cant see from underneath, you don't want to trap any wires when you tighten the clamps!

Greeny.

ClioSport Club Member
  440i + 182
Sorted, ill be ordering one of these fairly soon then ;)

Cheers guys!

Arctic 182
fitting mine tomorrow and ive no mechanical knowledge or anything, am i safe to unbolt the bolt at the bottom of the shock to bolt the bar on ? i wont get a spring or anything to the face ? is it ok to do without axel stands/ramps if its easily accessible without ?

fitting mine tomorrow and ive no mechanical knowledge or anything, am i safe to unbolt the bolt at the bottom of the shock to bolt the bar on ? i wont get a spring or anything to the face ? is it ok to do without axel stands/ramps if its easily accessible without ?

No spring in the face mate you will be fine. Think you need some axle stands or ramps though.

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
Its dead easy, do it on ramps if you can as it has to be under load when you tighten it all up.

Arctic 182
i havent got ramps. i can easily get to it as my drive levels out at the top leaving me loads of space to get under the rear. would i be able to do it this way ? just leave the car sitting as it is, no jacks ramps or stands ?

maynard

ClioSport Club Member
  ph2 172 track car
Doubt it tbh, you need to support under the coil spring so that it's still compressed when undoing the bottom shock bolt, otherwise you'll be there all day trying to get it back in line.

Basically, you need at least one jack and axle stands.

R26
i just layed underneath the car and done mine. Its easy, and im a total r****d when in comes to mechanics.

maynard

ClioSport Club Member
  ph2 172 track car
i just layed underneath the car and done mine. Its easy, and im a total r****d when in comes to mechanics.

I can't fit under the back of my car when it's on the ground, and I'm a skinny git too!

aucky

ClioSport Club Member
I didn't use jacks, I didn't want the axle to drop too much when removing the shock bolts.

I just rolled mine onto a couple of bricks to give some height. EZPZ

Doubt it tbh, you need to support under the coil spring so that it's still compressed when undoing the bottom shock bolt, otherwise you'll be there all day trying to get it back in line.

Basically, you need at least one jack and axle stands.
Keep the load on the wheels and you wont need any of that.

EDIT: Actually I've seen yours maynard, I bought your back seats of you years ago. so, Fair point.

Last edited:
Reviving an old thread.

Can you fit these without the need to support the rear beam? I just thought there could be the chance that the weight of the car could make it difficult to refit the rear shock bolts?

aucky

ClioSport Club Member
Reviving an old thread.

Can you fit these without the need to support the rear beam? I just thought there could be the chance that the weight of the car could make it difficult to refit the rear shock bolts?

Yes but the springs might fall out so you will need to lift the beam back up with a jack or a broom handle etc

Carbonraider

ClioSport Club Member
  Raider, 172, the van
The weight of the car is on the springs the shocks dampen the bounce so if you undo the shock bolt and fit the whiteline you will be able to push the shock back up and refit the bolt.