ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Whiteline rear beam bushes - Any good?

frayz

ClioSport Club Member
All,

Anyone have any experience with these?
I want to refresh my rear bushes and seen nothing but poor quality and fit from the Powerflex ones.

Do I go Whiteline or just fit some genuine OEM items?

Louis

I Park Like a C**t
ClioSport Club Member
All,

Anyone have any experience with these?
I want to refresh my rear bushes and seen nothing but poor quality and fit from the Powerflex ones.

Do I go Whiteline or just fit some genuine OEM items?
Never seen an issue with powerflex

frayz

ClioSport Club Member
Seen examples of powerflex being sloppy in the beam carrier brackets and allowing the beam to move.
Not seen anything from Superpro.
Whiteline are the only other non spherical Bush I can find.

Pegasaurus Rex

Bon Jovi Officianado
ClioSport Club Member
Sorry to dig this old thread up. I have now removed my old bushes. Beam is heading to blasters finally Monday. So I’m turning my attention to replacement bushings. Whiteline seem like good value over Powerflex, but is there any benefit/drawback over standard OEM replacements? Anyone in particular I should be placing an order with?

Cheers

Amos91

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
Sorry to dig this old thread up. I have now removed my old bushes. Beam is heading to blasters finally Monday. So I’m turning my attention to replacement bushings. Whiteline seem like good value over Powerflex, but is there any benefit/drawback over standard OEM replacements? Anyone in particular I should be placing an order with?

Cheers

Whiteline ones are good quality, noticed no detrimental differences and the alignment is still good. So I say get them as they are good value!

DomP182

ClioSport Club Member
  ph1 172, Arctic182
I went febi, under £30 with new bolts was a no brainer. Not fitted yet so if anyone can sway my decision I can still go the way of Whiteline and sell on the Febi. Cheap new bolts that way!

How hard are the bushes to press in, I've noticed oe ones dont press all the way on. How do I know how far to press (smack with large heavy object) them in?

DomP182

ClioSport Club Member
  ph1 172, Arctic182
Just updating this as I had my Whitelines in since November and they have been superb. Nice taught feeling from the rear axle with no detrimental effects, noises or issues.
Did you manage to press these in yourself? I've given up on febi ones, simply wont press in even after 24hrs in the freezer. The rubber on the bush was so compressed it had begun to split.

Matt e

ClioSport Club Member
Did you manage to press these in yourself? I've given up on febi ones, simply wont press in even after 24hrs in the freezer. The rubber on the bush was so compressed it had begun to split.

would something like this help?

DomP182

ClioSport Club Member
  ph1 172, Arctic182
would something like this help?

I essentially made that yesterday using a length of threaded bar, a huge socket and a brake caliper piston with a hole in the end. Even on a breaker bar it wouldnt budge. The metal bush casing is far bigger than the inner larger hole on the beam.

I presume there must be a manufacturing tolerance issue.

bozothenutter

ClioSport Club Member
I essentially made that yesterday using a length of threaded bar, a huge socket and a brake caliper piston with a hole in the end. Even on a breaker bar it wouldnt budge. The metal bush casing is far bigger than the inner larger hole on the beam.

I presume there must be a manufacturing tolerance issue.
You sure you removed all of the old bush? there should just be a hole, nothing else.

DomP182

ClioSport Club Member
  ph1 172, Arctic182
You sure you removed all of the old bush? there should just be a hole, nothing else.
Yeah, I've had it blasted and powdercoated. Nothing but bare metal in the holes. I'm going to order whiteline bushes as they insert all the way in and dont rely on an interference fit I'm assuming they may be a tad looser.