ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

who can remove my middle section?

who/what sort of company could remove my middle section on my exhaust and replace it with a pipe in the northwest? what sort of cost am i looking at?

cheers:approve:

no... my magnex system came with a middle section... after the cat between it and the back box.... want it removing because it catches on everything and its bent because of this... suppose its my fault putting it on coils but oh well.. still want it doing lol

no no lol... sorry i should have explained better....

basically the cars on coilovers, max on the back....

the second hand exhaust i got off ebay came with the backbox... and a middle pipe to link it to the cat... this middle pipe has a silencer box on it...

this silencer box on the middle section keeps catching on everything because its so big and its close to the ground... i want it taking out...

thats the basic jist anyway lol

someone told me demon tweeks but i phoned them today and they were having none of it, so i guess the search goes on...

Maz

LY 200
If you explained it as well to them as you did us im guessing they didnt have a clue what your on about ;)

*runs* lol

lol im tired

yeh i explained it to some guy forgot his name.. he knew what i meant but didnt really seem interested in them doing it

Chocolate Bar™
take it to someone like powerflow (as they will have a stock of stainless pipes to use.)

i wouldnt want to pay more than £30 myself.

aye acctually i think there is a powerflow dealer near me somewhere... i think its in burnley.... you know of any closer maz?

Just get a piece of pipe witn an internal diameter the same as your ones external then cut your box off and stick the pipe in use a clampa nd exhaust puttly to make it stay in place.

Chocolate Bar™
^ thats a bit ghetto isnt it lol

would be a bit of an arse, but the main diffiuclty is in sourcing the pipe. welding would be better, but that would do, dependant on how tight the join was naturally between the two ends.

Last edited:
may aswell continue with the ghetto look i suppose lol... duck tape on the wingmirror and all manners off stuff currently

Vectra :(
There is a powerflow dealer in warrington. Think its behind Mr Smiths. But forget the name. Never been there and they always seem to be busy from what i hear so could be ok.

If not i know of one in stockport thats not to bad. I had them weld me a bracket in for my magnex on my old 172.

If you look on powerflows website it lists the authorised dealers.

As already said i wouldnt pay more than £30, £40 at a real push. Also dont let them put any bends in unless you want a reduced bore as they are not the best with the bends :S

If you cant find the name of the one in warrington send me a PM i will get you the name and number 2moro

umm dosent seem to be on their site, only the stockport and burnley one... i think i know where the one behind smiths is mite call in if im going past tommorow.

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
The guys at Burnley Powerflow are very good :) They should be able to sort it no probs .

There is a powerflow dealer in warrington. Think its behind Mr Smiths. But forget the name. Never been there and they always seem to be busy from what i hear so could be ok.

If not i know of one in stockport thats not to bad. I had them weld me a bracket in for my magnex on my old 172.

If you look on powerflows website it lists the authorised dealers.

As already said i wouldnt pay more than £30, £40 at a real push. Also dont let them put any bends in unless you want a reduced bore as they are not the best with the bends :S

If you cant find the name of the one in warrington send me a PM i will get you the name and number 2moro

couldnt find the warrington one on their website... although i had a mooch when i went past the other day

couldnt find any directly around smiths so eventually ended up going near the karting place near the station... couldnt find any garages although i did see a silver 172 parked up...

soo... does anyone know where this warrington dealer might be?

Has

RS 182 - Black Gold
When i had my Magnex it used to do this. (Bang on middle silencer)

I had the centre section removed. and replaced with a Stainless (same as Magnex) centre section that was straight thru.

Cost me £98inc fitting - was done by Magnex Subsidary in Birmingham.

I have the centre section up for sale if your after it. Shud be a direct fit to replace your centre section!

Oh and Kiwk fit, ATS or any other exhaust place shud be able to change it over within a few mins for about £20 (even less if u go on a sunday afternoon heheh)

I had the centre section removed. and replaced with a Stainless (same as Magnex) centre section that was straight thru.

I have the centre section up for sale if your after it. Shud be a direct fit to replace your centre section!

Oh and Kiwk fit, ATS or any other exhaust place shud be able to change it over within a few mins for about £20 (even less if u go on a sunday afternoon heheh)

so is the stainless center section just a pipe then?

would anywhere just weld a similar size pipe in just any old pipe?

Has

RS 182 - Black Gold

Its not worth ripping the old one apart (ie, removing silcencer)

Too much effort and different grade steels all over the shot with welding.

I just simply had a new one made up with the right fittings at each end.
Its got a bell mouth end by the cat, then its a straight pipe till it reachs the back then bends upwards to the back box where its slightly enlarged at the end to slip over back box pipe.

(mine was done in all 1 single peice)

Its not worth ripping the old one apart (ie, removing silcencer)

Too much effort and different grade steels all over the shot with welding.

I just simply had a new one made up with the right fittings at each end.
Its got a bell mouth end by the cat, then its a straight pipe till it reachs the back then bends upwards to the back box where its slightly enlarged at the end to slip over back box pipe.

(mine was done in all 1 single peice)

sounds like the exact same fixings as mine...

il let you know shortly if i want it regarding your pm.