ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Who crashed their 172

Lionel Richie

Yeah unfortunatley someone had a little meeting with the armco at the ring all i know is that everyone is ok and it was a Flame Red MK2 172

Jas

ClioSport Admin
  Maserati Ghibli S

hey, Ed! Good to see you over there, and thanks for all those passenger rides, you are one hell of a driver. My favourite one was being a passenger with you driving Roamers 172! See you over there again soon maybe!

Hey edd

herd about ure day in a rental astra

i am sorry i did not come to the ring just could not get up that early !!!!

john

Clio 197

Well it certainly looked like people enjoyed the ring bit. The drinking and such sounds like fun as well. Im sure there will be plenty of tales to tell and some probably not for public consumption.

Im glad to hear that the one eyed 172 made it home without incurring the wrath of the authorities.

The same can not be said for the poor bugger in the silver Seat Ibiza!

My biggest adventure was a little lesson on why race cars dont have alarms and immobilisers...fortunately the lesson took place at one of the few places on the track where we could get away with it.

Hi Eddd,

Just wanted to say thanks for the lap in the Astra(!)

That will live with me for a long while... Awesome!

Cheers

Hiya Eddd, a big thanks for that Astra ride and you driving my 172, my god you really made it fly round the ring, even though I did bounce off the handle and roof at one point :eek::D

i just wish i could have gone out in it with eddd but with everything that happend i didnt get chance but atleast i got to go out in that M5

Yep, cheers Eddd for the Astra ride, wish I let you go in my 172 but I dont think I could have handled it in my own car.

I take it Edds a bit of a speed freak around the track?

Wish I had a car worth taking, oh well, one day Ill get a decent car!

Quote: Originally posted by SoLow on 22 April 2003

I take it Edds a bit of a speed freak around the track?

Wish I had a car worth taking, oh well, one day Ill get a decent car!
What about your astra? Eddd took us around in the Hired Astra 1.7 TD - and believe me that was fast enough (just a little slow on the long hill) - but he was awesome and knew the track!!

Yes it was me who crashed my motor on the toll road in Germany!

Probably didnt even make it 2 miles in before I lost the rear end coming up to the coned off area. I didnt feel like I was going fast enough to get that out of shape as I was taking it quite easy- cold tyres possibly? Dunno? But it was all over with rather quickly. My car is now sat outside the house looking rather sorry for its that self whilst Im plucking up the courage to call my insurance company again!

Damage doesnt look too bad but it might be costly - Need a new drivers side wing, fog lamp, light cluster, front bumper and all its trim and the bonnet is scuffed and twisted - but the frame that runs around the front of the car has been bent and is touching the engine - this looks expensive and makes a right old racket in the car. Also need a new carbon fuel filter thingey!! At a rouch guestimate I reckon somewhere in the region of 3K for the whole lot, but I could be way off.

I gotta say thanks to all the folks who helped me sort out the fuel pipe and getting the bits back where they should be and making the car drivable again! I would have been stuck without that help seeing as the AA refused to tow my car back. And a big thanks to Edd and his German friends for talking to the company who were wanting me to pay 2,200 Euros on the spot for damage to the crash barrier!

Ill keep you posted on the progress.

Cheers

Rich

7.6cc :D

Eddd, i love you and i want to marry you!

Jas, sorry if i fell onto your lap in Roamers car around the track a few times, wasnt deliberate, honest :oops:;)

Desmondo...the front crossmember is a vital peice make sure it goes to a great repair shop, surprised your airbag didnt go off!!

Hope it all works out and aint too expensive, best of luck...been there and its a b*****d!

Clio 197

Rich,

Alls well that ends well. It is easy enough to get out of shape on the track. Happens to everybody sooner or later. For you it was just a bit too soon.

There are a lot of places out there where the damage would have been a bit worse. Just ask the Seat driver...

Keep us posted on the final outcome.

Ed

Jas

ClioSport Admin
  Maserati Ghibli S

No problem Jilly, anyway, Ive been turned over for Ed now.. :(

Trophy

Eddd,

The rides with you were worth the trip alone, cant wait till we meet the next time.
Wish i had let you take my Cup out now.

Mat.

Edd you are one talented driver man, thanks for showing me what my valver can actually do on the track. I think you could probably show renault a thing or two. For those who dont know Edd took my valver out after much persuasion from the missis. If being scared half to death in the rented astra wasnt enough, then my fear level climbed to new heights when you spent most of the time airborne in my car. First you let the Radical go at the start (to give it a fighting chance) then he only chased it and caught it a few bends later. Not content with scalping a Radical Edd went on to overtake a superbike of some description and then a golf vr6 and some other random very fast cars. I now know what the term "handles like its on rails" means all thanks to Edd.

Many thanks but your not driving the valver again get your own!!!;)

P.S. Taken your advice and getting a williams gas pedal so i can heal toe, not sure how to do it yet but i will work it out.

Here are some pics of Edd driving my car after the Radical.
the girlfriend took the pics i had my head in my hands praying most of the time:)

http://www.users.totalise.co.uk/~scribbler/nurbergring.htmhttp://www.users.totalise.co.uk/~scribbler/nurbergring.htm

How do i upload pics on the screen?, as i have some of the barrier that rich
had a disagreement with.

FOR SALE - Mk1 V6

Quote: Originally posted by Eddd on 22 April 2003

Well it certainly looked like people enjoyed the ring bit. The drinking and such sounds like fun as well. Im sure there will be plenty of tales to tell and some probably not for public consumption.

Im glad to hear that the one eyed 172 made it home without incurring the wrath of the authorities.

The same can not be said for the poor bugger in the silver Seat Ibiza!

My biggest adventure was a little lesson on why race cars dont have alarms and immobilisers...fortunately the lesson took place at one of the few places on the track where we could get away with it.

and thanks for not crashing it when that happened