ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Who has a lowered DCi

Padso

ClioSport Club Member
  Merc

Lads who out there has their DCi lowered and if so please state:

Make of springs/kit?

Where springs kit bought?

Price of springs/kit?

View of kit used?

Any pictures of car lowered?

Help much appreciated as i really need my DCi 65 lowered as the body roll is doing my head in.

there is a Dci in Sunderland near me and he has lowered his car 35mm. He has been warned that any lower and he will be going through drive shafts at a rate of knots.

His does look lower than mine at the front, but then again, he does have a diesel lump under the hood which aint light.

PI offer a lowering kit for the DCi, you cant use the 1.2 springs as the DCis are stiffer to cope with the extra weight, i got mine from Merseyspeed for £110 mine is lowered 40mm and i have had no probs and its on 18s, i have pics if ya wanna see them?

Thats plus fitting, which costs about £50 depending on garage, if you want some i can get them for you if you want? If you want a pic let me know your email address?

The Jinx

Looks wicked, but where did you get the silver model identifiers from (the things at the front of the rubbing strips)?

Mine are just black, with dci on

I would consider it twice before lowering a dci. Ive got a lowered (by Renault) dci 80bhp and it feels like the dampers cant quite cope with the lowered springs, making the car bounce around when I drive over large bumps/potholes etc. . It looks nice though (havent got a camera to document..).

-CJ